ks 150 kasea - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-05-2002, 05:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ks 150 kasea

My daughter is 9 and is experienced. she has riden motercycles since 3years old she started racing karts this last year but she is not super agressive I have seen most all of the models for youths and they are to small for her the 90 is ok but looks as she would out grow it in a year.so I think the 150 ks will due the job what do you think 720!<font color="blue"> </font color>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-06-2002, 11:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: ks 150 kasea

Please don't put a 9 year old on a 150 (Blaster size machine).

This is the entire reason why I started making the Kasea 90 a Blaster beater. Some friends got their 8-10 year olds Blasters thinking that it was cost saving and because they were "such good riders."

Yes, they are good but their 70-100 pound frame and maturity cannot properly navigate a 300+ pound ATV under performance off road conditions. Sure, they can tool around camp but not on hills, etc. My Kaseas and the ones I have lightly modified for friends who don't race love the things. They go anywhere (I mean anywhere) a Blaster can go and they do it faster and better. The kids who were forced up to the Blasters now hate riding (they are always last) and a couple have sustained serious bone injuries.

My oldests is now 10. Even though he has a Blaster and a drag LT250 as well as my 70+hp Raptor, he enjoys the Kasea and plans to ride it for at least 2 more years.

If you go with the 150/170, lower it, widen it and restrict it. You have many great years ahead of you to enjoy your kids but if they get hurt now, the fun is over.

Please choose wisely.

J
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 02:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

My daughter has been riding motercycles for 6 years now and raced 80cc 2 stroke karts for a year now. She should be able to handle a 150 4 stroke auto this is not the 150 skyhawk! and this qaud is smaller than a 160 suzuki in overall size I know you are a dealer. I question the Idea of a 10 year old on a 200 blaster and agree with you on this. safety is number 1 in my book with all the right gear and propper supervision and tranning there will be no problem.Good luck on your racing!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 12:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ah,

If you are talking about the KS Kasea line, they are the 4 stroke models that are about the size of the Skyhawk. They have dual front a-arms and a rear disc brake.

Carter Bros sells the same model and I beleive it is also marketed by a couple of other makers. It is not make by SMC and, if I recall, it is made in China. The plastic is not anything to write home about. BUT, if you want a 4 stroke auto, it has a fairly large motor for a small machine. For non-race apps, it is probably a good deal if you get a good price.

I would change the exhaust tip, change the carb and make some minor trans upgrades straight away.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 10:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well I did it bought the ks 150 and its a little bigger than the skyhawk 90 I paid 1795 plus 214 to ship it. my daughter and with were riding it around today and huge smiles so I jumped on it and right away I noticed that it to fast for my daughter and going to slow it down. It will spin the rear wheels on dry pavement! this is cool for me but not for a nine year old.I am also going to widen it lower it and put bigger tires on it. (back) if this cost me more than 500 to due this I will purchse the kasea skyhawk 90 or the viper 90 [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 10:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well I did it bought the ks 150 and its a little bigger than the skyhawk 90 I paid 1795 plus 214 to ship it. my daughter and wife were riding it around today and huge smiles so I jumped on it and right away I noticed that it to fast for my daughter and going to slow it down. It will spin the rear wheels on dry pavement! this is cool for me but not for a nine year old.I am also going to widen it lower it and put bigger tires on it. (back) if this cost me more than 500 to due this I will purchse the kasea skyhawk 90 or the viper 90 [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode