Kasea Mini 50 problem/questions - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2002, 10:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Kasea Mini 50 problem/questions

Purchased a new one in July for my 4.5 yr old son. Has about 10 hours on it. Starts up fine, but after running for a few minutes there is zero power. When I apply the throttle nothing happens ... just sits there ... no rpm increase, nothing. Sometimes I have to feather the throttle just to keep it running ... plugged carb? Is there something I can check myself? Fairly mechanically inclined ... work on my Harley and Banshee quite a bit be never on these little things. The problem reminds me of when my QA50 carb used to get plugged every hour ... and dad would have to take apart and clean ... that was 30+ years ago.

Lastly, are there any mods that can be done with these toys to give it more "pep" ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 11:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Kasea Mini 50 problem/questions

I would start at the fuel tank and make shure you have fuel flowing at the petcock. Then check the fuel filter. Last take the bowl off the carb and work the float up and down and check for fuel flow. One of these is your problem. You are not getting enough fuel flow to the carb. As far as the performance I would not go too far with the mini 50, because its not designed to go much faster. You could up the compression and go to a 68cc top end to add a little extra power, but if you want more I would step up to the larger 50 or 90. They have better suspension and can handle the extra power. There is also a new forum just for mini quads at BBS.WRHRACING.COM.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 04:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I believe that I answered this post on another forum but, for the benefit of others who may read this post, here is the deal.

The very early Kasea super mini 50 atv had a CV carb (operated by vaccum). For a number of reasons that are not important to this post, the CV carb slide tends to delay throttle opening regardless of thumb position. Kasea fixed the problem by installing the VM17 carb. It is the same carb found on the full size Kasea 50 and 90 (90 has bigger pilot and main jet). To fix the problem, just get a stock 50cc VM17 Mikuni carb and you will be in business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 08:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Not sure if you have solved your problem but on the mini there is a small opening in the exhaust to slow down the quad. All you have is two bolts on the exhaust to remove and then remove the washer and bolt back up. It will not allow it to open up with washer in it.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 09:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hmmm, so the Mikuni VM16 carb that it has is vacuum operated? Not sure exactly what you mean regarding the vacuum operated as it has a standard throttle cable, slide and needle. Looks the same as any other carb I've been into but perhaps there's more to it then my eyeballs are seeing
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2002, 08:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

A vacuum operated carb will have a diaphram on top of the slide. The Throttle cable operates a butterfly in the bore of the carb. When the butterfly opens in creates a vacuum on top of the diaphram and lifts the slide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode