youth atvs - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 03:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

youth atvs

I'm in the process of purchasing a 4 wheeler for my 4 yo son. I've narrowed it down to 2 brands; the kasea skyhawk 50 and the t-rex 50. My question which one is the best? If anyone has any experience or advice on either one I would appreciate it. Thanks cajunlabs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 12:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: youth atvs

AT 4 years old, I cannot recommend either machine!!!

Go with the Super Mini Kasea SKyhawk 50. It is the size of the LT50 but it has electric start, auto choke, variable auto trans, better looks, full floor boards, suspension and costs less!! I have the first 03' and it is awesome!!

J
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2002, 11:02 AM
MattFisher

At 4 years old- I'm a-ok with it. I put my son on a LTA50 for his 3rd birthday. The biggest struggle I had was him looking somewhere besides where he was going, little ones are easily distracted. That was an issue since we live in a forest. Now almost 4, we really don't have that problem. Now I'm wishing the LTA50 had better suspension, as he's wanting to jump it a little.

I'd echo Raptor720's idea of the Kasea. While the Suzuki is a great starter, it's too easily outgrown.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2002, 09:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You really need to go by skill and size of the child rather than age. If he has lots of natural tallent and is big for his age I would go with a standard size 50, but if he's small and a beginner in tallent then look toward the super mini's. As far as the super mini's go I like the Kasea and the E-Ton. The T-Rex has no suspension, but has a cool remote control kill switch that is included. As far as a fullsize mini is concerned either one will make you happy. Billy's son started riding his Polaris Scrambler 50 at a very young age, but he is also of good size and has alot of natural tallent. So take all of this into concideration and be honest with your self, his safty depends on it.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2002, 10:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hello...
I am new to this site and was wondering what are the E-ton vipers 50 are like...I hear everyone talking about kasea but i am really interested in the vipers more. So all input is welcome.The quad is for a six year old average size with little experience, but enough to start. What are there for mods when he wants more? ETC.. and nice to meet everyone.
Thanks,
Justins' Mom.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2002, 12:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Eton has previously made some poor, well very poor quality machines. The Viper has flashy plastic and a rear disc that is only controlled by a hand lever. You still get the very poor quality shocks, front suspension and a rear axle that is prone to bending. The engine is an ok base to build. Parts are fairly difficult to find on the West Coast (unless it is a common part).
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2002, 10:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a 4.5 yr old son. I have a banshee and the wife a warrior and thought I would get something my son could learn to ride on. I bought a 2002 Kasea mini 50 new about 6 months ago in July when he was right at 4. Was the perfect size, etc. and he mastered it quickly ... he's a little big for his age ... 55 lbs or so and seems like he's almost too small for it already. We ride in sand most of the time (Oregon coast) and it's really a chore trying to make the little 50 go in the sand ... I don't think 50's and sand mix at all. -ha

Aside from the sand problems it is, and may still be right for his age/size but I'm already beginning to wonder if he's outgrown it already. I'm trying to find information on mods, etc. to make it go a little better so it will last him awhile longer. Haven't had any probelems with it until recently which I think is a plugged carburator or something (separate post).

My 2 cents ...

post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 10:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well in the past Kasea has made some poor quality mini quads too (mighty mite 50). But I'm here to help not bash other brands of mini's. I think you will be very happy with the E-Ton viper and when the time comes and you need more performance you can check out www.WRHRACING.COM.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 03:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Jlaw911,

The engine in your Kasea super mini50 is the same engine that is in the larger frame Kasea 50. All of the performance upgrades work on your machine with the exception of the pipe. I would simply upgrade to a 70cylinder either iron or alum, add some reeds and a couple of transmission mods. The lil 50 will pretty much go anywhere. Keep him on the smaller machine as long as possible. They have more fun on the correct or slightly undersized machines. He will be riding with you for years to come. Enjoy the experience not the speed.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 08:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I am for the Kasea not because I am a dealer but they are awsome quads. All the aftermarket guy are building thing for Kase more than any other. The frame, suspension, engine and lokks are great. All welds are certified and look much better. As far as mini skyhawk vs skyhawk that would have to be your call but my .02 are if I was considering going to a skyhawk 50 I would move to the 90. It is almost same size and enough throttle control for slow speeds. Not only do you have the thumb control but a brass bushing on the carb that you could remove later for more power. My 12 year old races a Kasea Skyhawk 250 and 9 year old a 90. But in national events 12 on the 90 and 9 on the 50. I wish they would change that rule.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode