The Burning Question Suzuki or Kasea? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 03:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The Burning Question Suzuki or Kasea?

I am looking to buy my daughter(7 yrs old) and wife(5'4" & 115 lbs) Quads for Christmas. I have a KTM and mainly woods ride in Northern CA, my wife and daughter have shown strong interest in getting quads to ride around our campsite. After a couple days of research I had decided to go with the Suzuki Quadsport 50 & 80, but after finding this site, I have been considering Kasea(Skyhawk 50 & 90). I went to Kasea's website to try and find some further info and this is all they had to say about themselves "Welcome to the all new Kasea. Kasea has been one of the most sought after lines throughout the US and Canada and beyond." What does this equate into? How long have they been around? Has anyone had one of these quad beyond 2 years? What is a CVT transmission and how is this different than a regular automatic transmission? The dealers listed with websites do not seem to have much info and there are not too many dealers in my area. I am not looking to race, but I am looking for quality and longevity (I have a 3 yr old daughter also and would like see her grow into a 50 and have my other daughter step up to the 80-90). I have seen deals out there on 2002 & 2001 new models, what changes have been made to the 2003 models, are they worth the extra $$?

Thanks, WT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 08:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: The Burning Question Suzuki or Kasea?

You can contact Peak power sports at www.dirtrides.com he is a Kasea dealer and would be happy to answer any ? you may have. He also owned/raced the suzuki LT's for years so he will be able to answer ? there too.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 04:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If you are in Northern Ca, I can direct you to a quality Kasea dealer in your area. We race the Kaseas and have built a few Kaseas for others in your area.

Obviously, my researched opinion is that Kasea is the only machine to own.

For your younger one, I would consider the super mini Kasea 50.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 10:58 PM
MattFisher

I have yet to find a dealer in my part of N Calif. to look at the Kasea, the one that was in Healdsburg is no longer.

Where are you at, you can take a spin on my son's LTA50. Great starter bike, but the performance possibilities are very limited. I suspect the Kasea is better in this regard.

Raptor- I couldn't tell by the pics on Kasea's website- the Super Mini does have front brakes, right?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 04:07 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well I am still curious to find out more about Kasea! Nobody seems to have any info available. Anyways, I bought a 2002 Raptor 80 today. A local guy had it for sale and his son had only riden it a couple of times(the bullets are still on the tire knobs) and he now wants a KTM 50 after riding a friends KTM 50. They want $3100 OTD at the dealers I checked with. I got this one for $1850 and it is clean. I am going to have my daughter try it and if she can't handle it, then I will go smaller and have my wife ride it. It has a 209 Lbs capacity and I weight 195 and it ran stong with me on it. The guy I bought it from told me that he started his son(7 Yrs 55 Lbs) out on a 2002 LTA50 and that it didn't have enough power so he went to the Raptor 80.

Matt - I am Located in Concord. That would be great if I could check out your LTA50. Your son could try out the Raptor 80 also!

Thanks, Glen [email protected]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 914601-2002RAPTOR80a.jpg (74.2 KB, 35 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 09:41 PM
MattFisher

I'm in Cobb, 30 min north of Calistoga.

I pulled the factory restictors (throttle, exhaust, and intake manifold) out of mine. Pulls the neighbor's 10 year old around fine, but it's apparent that the long-term performance is going to be very limited. I believe a Kasea will be in his semi-near future.

I don't think my critter is quite ready for the 80, he turns 4 in about a month, and has short legs (14" inseam). Probably couldn't reach the pegs. He's been ripping it up on his 50 for almost a year now, btw.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode