tips - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 01:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

tips

I'm trying to get a few tips from ppl who ride and not sale atv's. I'me looking to buy a youth atv for my daughter. She rides on my banshee all the time but i want somehting for her. NOt really fast just something nice. ANy ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 08:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: tips

What is the age of your little girl? Height? weight?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 04:38 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

she's 10. about 65lbs, and 4'3". She can ride my banshee. I just don't like here to. I'm afraid she might try to get wild on it and get hurt. She is a good rider. I'm just looking for a smaller atv so she can go riding with me and my wife. NOthing real special. any tips at all will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 07:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

There are 3 brands that I like to recommend. The Dinli Beast (T-Rex), Kasea Shyhawk 90, And the Polaris Preditor 90. The Beast (T-Rex) because of its quality and hyd. disk brakes, The Skyhawk because of its suspension and quailty, and the Polaris because of its strong dealer network (over 1800 dealers)Yea my boy likes to ride my banshee too, so I let him with the throttle screw turned all the way in.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2002, 09:59 AM

You may want to also check out the Blaster. It is fairly small in size. Depends on riding ability though, if not experienced she may be better on one of the 90's.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2002, 06:44 AM
tony1034

My neighbor just bought his 10 year old daughter a new Honda 250EX ($3,800). He liked the semi-automatic (no clutch) and the reverse. It also has electric start and a headlight/taillight. She's a big 10 year old though. The blaster ($3,100) is a two-stroke and I'm not sure if it has an electric start.
Tony P.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2002, 09:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My goal has always been to keep the kids on the correct size machine. There is no way a 70 pound 10 year old can properly control a Blaster/250/300ex. It is that simple. Sure, I allow my kid to ride a straight line on my Raptor under supervision but that is NOT trail riding, dunes or racing.

That is why I started improving the mini ATVs. Now my kids can out run and out ride their friends who have the bigger machines -- it is great.

J
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 08:05 AM
tony1034

I agree with Raptor720. Thats why I've been talking with him about a Kasea Skyhawk 90 for my kids. I only mentioned the 250ex cause thats what the kid next door got. I was watching her ride it in the yard the other day and she was fine going around in a circle, but I couldn't imagine her going up a steep hill with a twist, or hitting a jump.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 01:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I agree with the other posts. This past week, here in my local area in WV three young kids, two age 13 and one age 12
lost their lives in three separate accidents. All were riding on atvs in excess of 250. We have now lost a total of 17 lives on atvs this year and nine were under age 15.

My grandaughter rides a 90cc and will stay there until she matures a few more years.

By the way, the kids that lost their lives were not riding with adults.

Regards,
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 05:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm not trying to be an ambulance chaser or anything, but how did these kids get killed? Although I've never been to WV, I hear that it is very mountainous. I've considered taking my kids to the H&M area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode