Yamaha 60cc Tri-zinger mods? Anyone know of any? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2002, 11:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yamaha 60cc Tri-zinger mods? Anyone know of any?

I have an 86' Yamaha yf60cc zinger quad. I already removed the preoiler and run premixed gas (made a big difference in power). Does anyone have any other mods? Thanks for any response.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2002, 01:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Yamaha 60cc Tri-zinger mods? Anyone know of any?

I think that the smart thing to do with the Tri Z is to take it off the road! Those three wheelers caused all of the problems we face today with safety issues.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 01:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

In the body of the message, it states that I have a yf60cc QUAD, not a tr-z. I posted the subject with 60cc tri-zinger because there are not alot of yamaha yf60cc quads around but they have the same power plant as the 3-wheelers.
It's funny how you blame the bikes and not the riders. I've know people that have gotten seriously injured on both 3 and 4-wheelers. Even sometimes resulting in death.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 12:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well, in either case you are trying to modify something that should not be modified. Even a stock 60 3 or 4 wheeler Yamaha is plagued by poor suspension even with a stock power plant.

As for blaming the bike -- yes, absolutely. An adult who is not drunk might be able to ride a 3 wheeler but a kid who cannot and does not understand the dynamics of such a machine is headed for trouble.

Do you kid a favor and leave it alone.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 10:38 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Lets get off the 3-wheeler issue. It's a quad!
This was a post about technical mods., not for you to vent your opinion on drunk adults and your ablility to teach and supervise your kid on how to ride. If your child isn't mature enough to comprehend and understand the consequences, then they shouldn't be riding at all. It's too bad you have used this forum like this, I was looking forward to some real factual feedback on the mechanical issues of this bike.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 12:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I think you both should step back just a little.
No child is mature enough to understand the consequences; that's why they're still kids. Sheesh, if they're mature, they wouldn't need us.

1. Yes, the post is about a quad.
2. Yes, 3 wheelers have gone a long way in negatively impacting the ATV scene today, notably the price tags!

post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 01:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thank you for your response cupfan.
Every child is different and everyday is a learning experience for them. When I say mature enough to understand the consequences, I mean that they are aware of there surroundings and listen and feel to what the bike is telling them. If my son is headed up a sand dune, I have made sure to teach him to watch for other riders and if he's not going to make it, to make sure he turns before he burys it. (no reverse on that bike)
So, back to the question at hand. Does anyone know of any modification for a Yamaha YF60cc QUAD?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 08:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The only mods for the 60 are going to be the ones you come up with yourself. In the long run I think it would be cheaper to replace the 60 with either a modern 50 or 90cc machine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode