Older LT50 mods - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 02:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Older LT50 mods

I have an 84 LT 50. Just wondering if all of the mods you guys are talking about will work on the older ones. Also does anyone have a solution for a throttle limiter? It has a saftey teather but no throttle limiter. I have a K&N on it to start with. It goes pretty good right now but I am just curious for future plans.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2002, 09:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Older LT50 mods

The mods discussed herein work on the older LT50. As for a throttle limiter, look at the newer models and identify the limiter screw and lock nut on the thumb throttle control assy. Simply drill and tap a screw into your older control and you have it. Better yet, get the newer control as well as the newer kill switch.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2002, 01:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hi there,
I don't know if you saw my reply on an earlier post or not but I was wondering if you knew where I could get the K&N filter you recommended for the LT50. It's a 2002. Also, does it work with the current "junk" airbox or do you know of a better replacement? I can not believe how they designed the airbox. If my hands were any bigger I wouldn't be able to get the thing apart. I was thinking that simply drilling a few holes in the lid may help it a little but it'll allow water in easier. The airbox hole is so small I literally have to clean the air cleaner once a week because it plugs up with dirt and the poor thing starts bogging real bad.

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2002, 02:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I pretty new to this. Now my LT 50 is a 1984 so I am sure there are a few differences. It has a K & N and NO air box. I do nee to get an outerwears for it though. Does anyone know of a part number for it? You have to clean the filter a lot more often but that is pretty easy to do. I am not sure of the exact part number for the filter but just read through a few of the older posts and you should find it.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2002, 02:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for you reply. I actually figured Raptor720 would be able to answer those questions for me pretty easily, he seems to have a lot of good information. I wasn't sure if the K&N he was referring to could be used with the stock air cleaner box or if it needed to be changed. He mentioned using different parts from different machines which I really don't want to hunt down if I down have too. I know I could always fabricate my own idea but why reinvent the wheel if I don't have too. Besides there isn't much room in there and I probably just great frustrated anyway... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks again for your help.
Brian
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-14-2002, 07:48 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The K&N filter that I have used with good luck is the K&N RU 0200. Trinity Racing has the RU 0200 as well as the outerwears. TO install it you need to remove the stock air box completely. The easiest method concerning the mount>> you can go to a GoPed shop and get their aluminum filter mount -- for that matter you could get their K&N filter as well (smaller than the RU 0200. Remember to use red loc tite on the screws as then will be located where you can't see them on the inside of the mount surface.
One thing I found that was all important was to make sure not to remove the stock floppy rubber guard that sat over the stock filter box. It tends to keep all the dirt and water off the filter.
Now, once you go this route for air, you will need bigger jetting. I also suggest you remove the intake manifold and pull the hardened steel restrictor out. Then in the float bowl, remove the first of the two stacked pilot jets. The second pilot is actually correct for the motor without the restrictor. Finally, you will probably need to raise the needle one position and make the main jet slightly bigger.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 05:46 AM

This mod took a little more work than exp. The nerfs were 15 in. when you look at the quad it looks like the coolest mini lt 250 you ever seen with the engine open you can also see the pipe n [email protected] filter.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode