MZ Quads? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 03:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

MZ Quads?

Has anyone baught or heard anything about the new MZ 50 and 100cc quads. I have looked at them for my kid but haven't heard very much. Any help would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 06:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: MZ Quads?

MZ Motorcycles is a company out of Germany that has been involved in motorcycle racing for years. Their big 660cc monos use the Yamaha XTZ power plant.

Wanting to enter into the youth ATV craze, I believe that MZ contracted with Jehm to build copies of the Jehm Blazer. There is nothing German about it. Be advised that there may be age and other legal problems with MZ trying to sell a 100cc model in the States.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 09:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Raptor, thanks for the response. Why would there be potential probalems with the 100cc quad? I know that they are at dealers all over now.

I was told that almost all of the parts were inter-changeable with Yamaha ( ie. piston, hubs etc..) I am not sure how much it is true. I did hop on the 100 and took it for a spin and was suprised with the abount of power - especialy with 220 pounds on it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img].

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 06:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The CPSC says 80cc requires 12 year and older riders. At 100cc, I believe you must be over 15 years of age. That is the problem. By them selling the 100cc, knowing that younger riders will use it, they are helping eliminate the sport as the Hippies will jump all over the greater potential for injury, etc.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 11:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hi guys. Here is our experience with the MZ. My son son has the Kasea Skyhawk 90 and some friends we ride with at the beach have the MZ, all the KID'S want to ride the Kasea they enjoy riding it. The MZ runs fine but as a parent want I did not like about the MZ is the plastic body parts are painted and the paint starts peeling off after it gets bumped. Also on the MZ one of the kids crashed it and broke the hand brake lever, and that is where the problem became serious because most of the kids use the foot brake lever(Kasea & some other models) and the MZ does not have a foot brake. The kids were having a hard time trying to use the only hand brake lever that was working, and they kept running into stuff. Good thing they were riding in the slow sand, if they were out trail riding or in the hills....I would hate to think what could of happened.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode