Kasea KU 65 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-10-2002, 03:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Kasea KU 65

I am very interested in the KU 65 for my son for a couple of reasons. I am looking for some insight and opinions in regards to my thinking and assumptions:

The KU 65 can be seen @ www.kasea.com and then by selecting international and then products.

I am checking with a local dealer to ensure I can get one (The KS which is listed under international is here in the US)

Anyway:

The KU 65 is modeled after a utility quad not a sport quad.

I ride a utility quad (Suzuki KingQuad 300) and for the most part use it recreationally to ride rough trails through the woods.

My thinking here is that my son's first quad would "look like dad's" and all of our relative's and friend's quads.

Secondly, it is a 65cc 4 stroke. Not knowing much about it other than it is a 4-stroke as compared to the 2-stroke 50cc of the skyhawk I am assuming a couple of things:

One: Straight gas means no oil injector means no double cable means easier to push throttle.
Two: Should have more low-end torque. Leads to slower riding / hill climbing ability (not that he is going to be scaling Everest mind you)
Three: IMHO, 4-strokes are more bulletproof

Also, the KU 65 appears to have full-length footboards which addresses my only immediate dislike about the skyhawk (and the KS for that matter)

I must say that when I first starting looking at quads for my son I was headed toward Suzuki or Kawasaki (also Suzuki) but that the reasoned and informed comments of Raptor720 as well as looking at various models for myself (Can't believe the lies you hear from "dealers" of other makes) have made me realy like this "no name" Kasea.

Once again, any help in not blowing $1700 on a mistake would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-10-2002, 06:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Kasea KU 65

How old is your son and what is his weight and height? I don't think the Kasea has floor boards.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-10-2002, 10:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

5 yrs
51 lbs.
46"

This would be planned for this christmas...

When you say the Kasea doesn't have floorboards are you referring to the KU or KS & Shyhawk? I am asking about the KU.

Thanks for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-11-2002, 01:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The KU (or KS) is the Kasea 4 stroke automatic youth size atv. It comes in the 65, 90 and 125cc size engine (all with the same size frame -- like the Skyhawk 50 and 90).

Each KS model has a Mikuni "CV" style carb -- automatic choke, accelerator pump, etc. It comes with dual front a-arms, lights and a rear disc brake.

My opinion of the KS is so so. They could have easily designed or used the SKyhawk plastic instead unattractive KS plastic. They could have used the standard 4 bold hubs instead of a funky 3 bolt design. They could have moved the key switch to the handle bars instead of below the gas tank. Beyond that, it is the ONLY youth mini with dual a-arms and one of the few with a rear dual piston disc brake. It beats the TRX90 hands down -- suspension, electric start, kick start back up, etc. If I was in the market for a KS style machine, I would consider the 125.

On the floor board issue, they are partial boards but they do have a nice feature -- the foot peg height is easily adjustable! If you want full nerf bars instead of the lame plastic floor boards offered on other models, I have them for $175.00 a set with any color net.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-11-2002, 07:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I would have to say Raptor is right. You can not go wrong with bigger displacement in a four stroke. I thought the KU looked pretty sharp for a utility quad. The Honda TRX 90 would be a good choice. They have proved to be almost unbreakable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode