SCRAMBLER 50 CHEAP MODS - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 09:25 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: SCRAMBLER 50 CHEAP MODS

Raptor,

What can you tell about modifications on my sons Scrambler 90?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 09:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

do you know the # of stock jet for 50 srcambler?
post #13 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 12:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i bumped the main jet on my sons Kasea 90 to a 33.5 and i have a few more things done to it nad im going to have to go bigger
i think 38
the stock on the Kasea was 28? im not sure its been a while
the stock carb is going and a 20 mm is going to take its place
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 06:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

the stock main jet on a scrambler 50 is and 85. WRH has a good selection of mainjets in stock (251)675-9906.
post #15 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 08:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I don't mean to correct you, but I just pulled-out the main jet on the 50 Scrambler and it's a 75. I have a 77 1/2, 80 and 82 1/2 on order. Will try one of those when I get them. I'm looking for a thumb-saver. Is there such a thing?? Or , can I put a twist-throttle on this machine?
post #16 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2002, 06:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The best way modify the thumb throttle would be to remove the oil injection and replace the stock cable. This will make the thumb throttle at least twice as easy because you will not have to be operating the carb and the oil pump with your thumb. If you would like a thumb extender you can get one at 1-800-858-4737 they have them on sale right now for $17.00.
P.S. Sorry about the main jet size. Billy is the one that handles most of the 50's.
post #17 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2002, 11:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hi! It seems that you`re the most knowledgable in the bunch, so here it goes. I bought my 7 yr old son a scrambler 90, what I`m wondering is what I can do to soften up the suspension without spending an ungodly amount of money. I`ve got the bike where it rips pretty good, with some of the mods all of you guys talk about. Any info would be helpfull, Thanks! Also I would like to hear about the tranny mods too! P.S. Any information from anyone else would be greatly appreciated and I hope I didn`t offend anyone by jumping in, or by how I phrased my question. Thanks again!
post #18 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2002, 01:45 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You need to talk to Raptor720 he knows these bike like the baCK of his hand,as far replace it with a aftermarket shock that is adjustable it will cost you but its worth it
post #19 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 07:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well, I'm done; at least for now. I would like to thank all of those who helped me, most notably: Raptor720. My daughters' Scrambler 50 is much faster and has more power now w/mods.
Here's what I've done so far:
front sproket from 90
went from #75 jet to a #82 1/2
raised needle in carb 2 notches
K&N filter w/sleeve
remove exhaust restrictor
new plug - BPR6HS
I would still like to put wider tires on it for more stability. Also,the ride is very stiff, maybe new shocks?
Anyway, thanks.
post #20 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 07:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Don't go to wide on the rear tires or the front end will push. I would use dura blue honda 250r rear wheel spacers to widen the stance. For tires and wheels I would use either 16x6.5x8 or 18x6.5x8 holeshots on 2-4 offset wheels depending on the terrain. A 68cc malossi top end and a pipe whould increase power beyond belief. To obtain a sorce for these and other parts call (251)675-9906.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode