Blazer 50 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 05:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Blazer 50

Hi,

I looked at a blazer 50 yesterday for my daughter (7yrs old, 49lbs). This was the first time she had ever riden one and she really liked it.... However, she sure did look kind of small on it. I've had her sit on a suzuki quadmaster50 which seems more in line with her weight, but it just looked way too small for her. The price is right on the blazer ($1200 and its a 2000), but I'm not sure I want to go with it. The brake handles seemed too big and hard for her to pull (especially the front brakes). Can you retrofit a smaller handle on it? It also seemed to take about 1/2 throttle just to make the thing start to move. Is that normal? It was at about 7000' elevation. We were hoping to take it camping with us, but I'm also wondering about any kind of spark arrestor on the thing. Isn't it supposed to be stamped "forest service approved" in order to be compliant? If I had to get one that was compliant, anyone have an estimate on the cost of that? Do any of the other 50cc quads come with a spark arrestor that's stamped?

Thanks,
Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 12:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Blazer 50

Jeff,

The last time I checked on the exhaust issue with the youth mini market, the only US Forestry approved spark arrested exhaust was found on the Suzuki products. If it does not say US Forestry approved, it is not!
On the power issue, you must remember that the 50cc models, including the quadmaster and the Blazer, must not exceed 15mph to comply with the CPSC guidelines for a 50cc atv. As your rider learns to use the machine, there are many many mods that can improve performance (one step at a time).
Another thing you might consider, look at the 90cc models. They are identical in every respect except a few internal engine components and the tire size. You can get a nice set of aluminum rims and 16" performance tires for the 90, use the throttle limiter and have room to grow without needing to purchase so many performance pieces next week.

On the hand lever issue, Blazer has always had a problem with the large format controls. Kasea and a couple of other youth minis have made the controls smaller (Kasea also added a foot brake just like your big machines).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode