RACE MODS FOR A RAPTOR 80 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 02:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

RACE MODS FOR A RAPTOR 80

Does anyone know what mods I can do to my son's Raptor 80 to make it more competative other than the pistons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 11:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: RACE MODS FOR A RAPTOR 80

Search for mods on the Badger 80 (the same machine as the Raptor 80 but with different plastic). You can add a pipe, cam, port, piston, carb, air cleaner, big bore kit, etc. The only problem is that you will still have a small 4 stroke. They are great for play but not for race.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 11:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Raptor720

You seem to be in touch with the youth market, any truth to the rumor of a new machine in 2003 worthy of being called a Raptor 80?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2002, 01:48 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I am not sure. Yamaha is very happy with their replasticing of the old Badger -- now they can move those Badger frames and engines. However, the public is demanding more from Yamaha. I suspect that Yamaha has listened and will attempt a front suspension redraw. I just doubt it will be for the market in 2003.
I am currently evaluating some hot hot upgrades for a "nameless" company. If they go forward with the upgrades, the entire youth atv market could be theirs. Anyway, I will check with my Yamaha contacts for any real news on the Raptor 80. If I could get one in 125 cc with a real performance head, dual a-arms and real suspension, I would be there.
Jon
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2002, 07:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I appreciate the info. I'm not going to spend any more money on the hunt for a 50cc fix. We're looking forward to an 80cc or 125cc as an October birthday gift? The boy is growing like a weed and is already making performance demands.

How would you make a perspective buyer feel better about purchasing a youth ATV via the internet or over the phone, without the benefit of testing it out?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2002, 01:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Unfortunately I can count the number of people on one had that I would consider "qualified" to provide information and/or build a youth atv. You see, the youth market is just now starting to rebound after the ATC (3 wheeler) fiasco. Because of these issues, you will not be able to go down to your local "shop" and test drive a high performance youth atv. Also, we have the issue of the CPSC (Consumer Products Safety Commission) and their guidelines on size and performance.
I recognized these issues and alligned myself with Trinity Racing -- a company that has been in the business for two decades. You happen to be the first and only person who has ever raised any question about purchasing a high performance youth atv or high performance youth atv parts through the connections I have established. If you happen to be in the Orange County California area, I have no problem meeting you at the track to test a performance youth mini. Currently I have my performance mini atv's racing in Washington, many parts of California, Arizona, Nevada, Virginia, New Jersey, Florida, Texas, Oregon and Mexico. --- None of these owners ever met me or test drove the models that they purchased.
Yes, I know of a few shops that will rob you blind. I try to steer people away from them.
WHen you talk about going from a 50cc low performance atv to a 80-125cc model, I get concerned. There is nothing worse than a parent who thinks that junior can "handle" a bigger atv. We are talking about 40-90 pound kids for Pete's sake!!!!!! How do you expect that they can properly use their body weight to control a machine that weighs double their body weight? They can't.
I hate to see "junior" on a Blaster, 300 or 400ex, Warrior, etc. The reason I decided to research and build the youth minis was because I did not want my kids or any kid I knew on a big machine. I have managed to make a youth mini that will easily out perform ANY of the big models I mentioned above and I feel completely comfortable with the kid's ability to control these machines. I would go so far as to say that a performance youth mini is safer than a stock youth mini once the rider has been properly trained and supervised.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode