Thanks for Nothing! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Youth ATV For discussion of all youth ATV's 125cc and smaller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 08:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for Nothing!

There doesn't seem to be much choice out there for our kids, aside from the pile of Taiwanese look alike quads named Alpha, Kasea, Bombardier, Polaris, ....

My kid's LT-50 is an ok bike, but there's so much potential there that is untapped. I'm sure I could spend $10k and have parts built, but that's not an option.

The aftermarket people have abandoned to peewee crowd? I ordered a Graydon Proline pipe (only because nobody else makes one) 30 days ago and they haven't built them yet. What's the deal?

Anyone know of a KTM mini quad?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 10:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Thanks for Nothing!

Please don't take this as a personal attack on your post. I just cannot sit back and let you make comments that are not accurate.
All of the mini atv's are NOT the same. I agree that most of the youth atv's are junk, including your Raptorette. Yamaha should be put out of business for taking their old junk "impossible to sell" Badger and adding new plastic.

Of the mini's Kasea is BETTER in many ways. Sure they could do things to improve the product. I even make suggestions to Kasea on improvements to help them stay ahead of the crowd. I would really like to Kasea offer factory nerf bars, even better shocks, dual front a-arms and some other minor things. For now, that is not reality.

When you talk about the LT50 or LT50A as if it is something special, I remind you that the suspension is a joke and that it is not a variable transmission. Sure, I like them for pit bikes but that is about it.

KTM making a mini?? If they did, it would probably be another mini just like all the others.

If you want a real mini -- something that will beat a Blaster and 400ex -- even with an adult pilot, let me know. I can ship you one for less than $4000.

There doesn't seem to be much choice out there for our kids, aside from the pile of Taiwanese look alike quads named Alpha, Kasea, Bombardier, Polaris, ....

My kid's LT-50 is an ok bike, but there's so much potential there that is untapped. I'm sure I could spend $10k and have parts built, but that's not an option.

The aftermarket people have abandoned to peewee crowd? I ordered a Graydon Proline pipe (only because nobody else makes one) 30 days ago and they haven't built them yet. What's the deal?

Anyone know of a KTM mini quad?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 08:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I would be interested in seeing what you have for under $4000. I may be in the market very soon. I'm getting tired of pushing my kid around in the sand.

Look, I can understand if you are in sales you don't want someone bashing your product. What I can tell you is what I see every weekend. I'm not looking for a "Raptorlike" 50cc machine (although that would be cool). I don't have access to engineers, a pit crew, or direct contact with aftermarket reps. I've been waiting on a pipe since the end of February and it isnt ready yet. Graydon Proline says that in the current batch of pipes being built, most are sold already. They are the only company I have found so far making parts for these machines.

By the way, I'm not exactly a Suzuki fan. The point I was attempting to make is that since it's purchase nearly 6 months ago, my son's LT-50 is the only 50cc mini in our circle of friends and family that runs every weekend without tinkering. Granted, I can walk faster than this machine in the sand (yes, all of the restrictors have been removed). I think the chassis on this thing is as heavy as the one on my Jeep.

Send me a direct email if you like. My son has a birthday coming up in a couple of months, and I will probably be on the market.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2002, 08:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

OK Jax,

First off, I am not employeed by Kasea or any other ATV company. I am independent. I spend a considerable amount of time researching the youth atv market, building the drive lines and developing better accessories. I also spend some time working with some of the manufacturers and aftermarket companies.

I have proven the Kasea on the race track for two years and I have an engine apart for inspection that has been racing almost every weekend for two years. That engine looks just as it did when it went into service. Even if you never plan on racing the mini, you must respect the results from the race track. That is where the good is separated from the junk.

Here is an offer to you. Talk to me about a Kasea. I need to know the rider's age, skills and the type of riding you expect to see. Then I can tell you what you will need and the exact cost. Try if for 30 days. If you are not happy with it, I will help you find a buyer in your area.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-20-2002, 01:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

JAXPCS..... DON'T PUT THOSE TAIWAN QUADS DOWN, I'LL PUT MY GRANDSONS E-TON DXL-90, UP AGAINST ANY YAMAHA RAPTOR 80, SUZUKI 80, OR ANY OTHER 80-90CC QUAD...... THERE IS ALL KINDS OF AFTER MARKET PARTS FOR THEM OUT THERE (I THINK THERES MORE THEN THE YAMAHAS, HONDAS, SUZUKIS, ETC.) (AND I'M A YAMAHA LOVER) IF RAPTOR IS WHO I THINK HE IS (FIRST NAME JON) HE AND TRINITY RACING HAVE PUT ALOT OF TIME INTO FINDING THE RIGHT COMBO. OF PARTS TO IMPROVE THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE QUADS, AND THEY HAVE SUCCEEDED!!!! I MYSELF HAVE LEARNED ALOT FROM ARRON(TRINITY RACING) AND JON, AND I HAVE DONE SOME TESTING OF MY OWN, THESE QUADS ARE LIKE ROCKETS WITH THE RIGHT COMBO. OF PARTS....... I WILL LET OTHERS KNOW ABOUT MY TESTING AFTER I SEE, RELIABILITY, LONGEVETY, AND ALL OUT PERFORMANCE...UNTILL THEN, LIVE LONG, RIDE HARD, AND HEAL QUICKLY!!!!...... TJNV
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-21-2002, 11:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

We just got back from Oceano Dunes today it is our first with the new Kasea 90, this thing is the ticket. We set up a track around our camp site, the kids rode hard my son will be 6 next month and he was tearing up the 8 and 9 year olds on the other brand quads. I weigh 170 lbs. and took it back in the Dunes a little ways and had a ball climbing the hills. We sold our Yamaha 80 to buy the Kasea 90 and that was the best move. The Kasea climbs hills that the Yamaha could only down. Talk to Raptor 720 and Trinity racing they will get you hooked up and you to will have fun riding it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode