trespassing fines - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Where to go Off-Roading Post all discussion on where to trail ride or find a local club.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

trespassing fines

ok ive been riding a small trail that is less than 1 minute from my house, its small but theres pleny of mudd back there so 3 weeks later the cops are about to break down my door while im trying to take a crap and they gave me a hundred dollar fine

i have no problem paying that fine but what bothers me is that theres no signs that say keep out, private property no trespassing nothing at all and theres tracks back there so they cant say no one went back there before me,

i always see people back there fishing walking their dogs or just kids playing back there now i wasnt putting anyone in danger i wouldnt do such a [email protected] thing like that but why do i get a trespassing ticket if theres no signs at all theres usually people back there and there were tire tracks everywere before i even new about that place

my truck is quite so basically someone complained so they can have something to do with their pathetic lifes well im sure some of you guys have ran into the same situation im in right now in your many years of off roading and i just wanted to know if theres anything i can do or should i just pleed guilty,

keep in mind no signs anywhere people hang out back there all the time and the many many many tire tracks that went there before me and no one ever said dont go back there thats private property or thats someones property. Its actually township property just to let u guys know.

is there anything i can do againts this trespassing ticket? besides not pleed guilty cause i cant take time of work or school to go to court. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 03:40 PM

Re: trespassing fines

I think anything you do (besides pay up) is going to require that you take the time to go fight in court. I used to live in PA for a while, and sometimes they have odd laws about township land and whatnot.

Generally if I had the time I would fight the ticket in court and bring the issue that there are no signs. For the most part they can't really stick anything on your unless property is posted. However I would look very carefully and take lots of pictures and/or video of the trail before bringing anything up. It may be possible you missed a sign somewhere along the way.

Also, was this ticket actually for trespassing, or was it for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle? It may be that motorized vehicles are banned on township property, and that's what the ticket is about. Many townships have ordainances against motorized vehicles... You might check into that.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Re: trespassing fines

the ticket is for "trespass by motor vehicle" im going to check that place out tomorow very carefully and take pics or video but now im thinking about fighting because it says defendant did knowingly operate a motor vehicle on private real property without consult of owner.I did not know i wasnt allowed in there thats why i went in there all the time and im pretty sure i saw no signs.
well i guess ill find out tomorow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode