info needed - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Vintage Dirtbikes Discussion of all things on Vintage Dirtbikes manufactured in 1980 or earlier.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 10:15 PM
Mutt

info needed

I have a early 60's vintage HD 2 stroke. the motor has a custom made cylinder.145 psi,plug color chocolate brown,no death rattles or pinging, piston port with 2 secondary transfer ports,186cc,10:1 compression,TS 185 piston,58mm stroke,30mm delOrto PHBH carb, K&N pod filter,vintage expansion chamber,straight 16 timing (no auto advance)15t trans sprocket/52t wheel sprocket,black goo oozes from exhaust header clamp (but that is being remedied with a new gasket, then I am sure it will ooze out the stinger).

The first problem I had while dialing in the carb ,was the motor was loading up with gas in it's mid-range. Needle clip second from bottom on needle. I changed it to the top position as that problem went almost away. Spark plug is dry and a chocolate color.The bike runs really strong, but it gets outta the hole and builds up speed much better if I slip the clutch slightly to let the revs build little by little, then ease off along the way.The clutch works fine,doesn't slip or drag.

Is the mixture still too rich at 1/4-3/4 throttle. Why should I have to slip the clutch to make good out of the hole runs? Hope someone will shed some light on the subject here.Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode