New here,seeking info on an older yamaha - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Vintage Dirtbikes Discussion of all things on Vintage Dirtbikes manufactured in 1980 or earlier.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 09:52 PM
Patrick

New here,seeking info on an older yamaha

Hello,I am new here so I will like to intorsuce myself a little bit first. My name is Patrick,I am 17 years old,and I live in CT.I've had a few bikes before but never one this old,which is why I am here. I found the site on google and found some information that makes me think my bike is a Yamaha LTMX..(judging from the VIN's...) So I have a few questions.. I plan an restoring it, I need a few parts,but am not sure exactly what the bike is,like what engine size it is and whatnot.. On the page it says "LT SERIES
LTMX Year: 1973 Start Engine#: LT2-105101"
the Bike I have has "LT2-107781".. Thats really all I know about it right now other than that I need the rear end for it and a few other misc. parts.. if anyone can help me out here it would be greatly appreciated.. thank you in advanced..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1550799-7.JPG (25.5 KB, 37 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 08:45 PM
Patrick

Re: New here,seeking info on an older yamaha

does anyone know about these bikes?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Stinger

Re: New here,seeking info on an older yamaha

Hey Patrick,
Doug here, I just picked up a '73 Yami AT3 125 myself. I've had to do some searching. A couple of good sites for New Old Stock (NOS)follows...

http://www.motogrid.com/pages/parts/.../2/Yamaha.aspx

http://www.nwvintagecycleparts.com/yamaha-parts.html
for this one you first go to the Yamaha parts catalog and look up the parts, make a wish list, print it... then go back to this link and plug in the part numbers.

I have to look but I had a site to look up vin#'s somewhere.

my direct email is [email protected]

Good luck!!

Doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 03:57 AM
wraith

Yamaha LT Series 100cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Hello,I am new here so I will like to intorsuce myself a little bit first. My name is Patrick,I am 17 years old,and I live in CT.I've had a few bikes before but never one this old,which is why I am here. I found the site on google and found some information that makes me think my bike is a Yamaha LTMX..(judging from the VIN's...) So I have a few questions.. I plan an restoring it, I need a few parts,but am not sure exactly what the bike is,like what engine size it is and whatnot.. On the page it says "LT SERIES
LTMX Year: 1973 Start Engine#: LT2-105101"
the Bike I have has "LT2-107781".. Thats really all I know about it right now other than that I need the rear end for it and a few other misc. parts.. if anyone can help me out here it would be greatly appreciated.. thank you in advanced..
hey Patrick,
whats the status of the LT yamaha you were workin on?
if you still need some parts, i have a couple of those bikes in my barn,
i have some AT-1 stuff also, that the guy that gave u the website info
talkin' about.anyway,let me know if you still need some parts.
If you've finished it, send me a pic or 2 of it,and if you've not finished it,
and have decided to do somthing else ,let me know that to,in which case i might buy it from ya.
let me know if i can help.
wraith.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 10:59 AM
willysworker

good links, thanks for posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
Hey Patrick,
Doug here, I just picked up a '73 Yami AT3 125 myself. I've had to do some searching. A couple of good sites for New Old Stock (NOS)follows...

Motogrid | Honda OEM Parts | Kawasaki OEM Parts | Suzuki OEM Parts | Yamaha OEM Parts

NW Vintage Cycle Parts - New Old Stock (NOS) - Yamaha Parts Catalog
for this one you first go to the Yamaha parts catalog and look up the parts, make a wish list, print it... then go back to this link and plug in the part numbers.

I have to look but I had a site to look up vin#'s somewhere.

my direct email is [email protected]

Good luck!!

Doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode