1978 Yamaha DT 250 Parts - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Vintage Dirtbikes Discussion of all things on Vintage Dirtbikes manufactured in 1980 or earlier.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Tom N

1978 Yamaha DT 250 Parts

I just bought a 1978 DT250 that's been sitting neglected in a garage for 10 years and I'm really excited about restoring it. I've read numerous posts on where to obtain parts for the DT250 that have been really helpful. My question is - Has anyone ever compiled a list of parts that are interchangeable from DT's of different years or engine sizes?

For example, will a carb. from a 1975 DT250 fit on a '78 or will a rear fender from a 1978 DT175 fit on a 250?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 02:23 PM

Re: 1978 Yamaha DT 250 Parts

DT's of different sizes have some interchangeability amongst certain size groups. 125's & 175's are mostly the same in chassis parts, and lower end engine parts, with cylinders, pistons, carbs, and rods not. DT250's and 360's share the chassis parts, with less engine part interchanability. Some parts in those groups interchange over a wide range of years to a large degree. Sorry to be vague....but that's as specific as I can get.
OriginalDirt
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 09:48 PM
Tom N

Re: 1978 Yamaha DT 250 Parts

I found a company that sells a software program that supposedly cross-references interchangeable Yamaha parts for different years and models. Their website is: http://www.zedder.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode