Yamaha DT1 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Vintage Dirtbikes Discussion of all things on Vintage Dirtbikes manufactured in 1980 or earlier.

View Poll Results: test 1
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 05:11 AM
DT1-andrew

Yamaha DT1

Hi,
Can anyone help me with the original colour of a 1969 DT1.
The local yamaha shop looked it up to be called "candy orange"

It looks to be a pearl gold????? and its very hard to get a define match. It is also very hard to find any photos of an original bike.

Also, are there any forms that you know of where I can ask questions regarding this retoration project I am doing?

Thanks
Andrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 06:45 AM
Yamaguy

Re: Yamaha DT1

I would look at Yamaha's parts website. It is an orangy gold color. the '68 version was white, and the 70 was red. I remember those bikes very well, as they were all new when I started riding. Iwould look on the web for someone that sells older literature. there is an outfit called Motorcycle Memories that does just that. get copies of what brochures and such he has, then go to someone that is familiar with MOTORCYCLE painting and restoration, and they can get the color custom mixed. An associate had an older (1970) Honda 350 repainted, looks just like it left the factory. And it was a weird color. So it can be done. you just need an expert to do it.

After I wrote all of this, I see you are located in OZ. Your colors may be a bit different than the US colors. I lived over in WA for a few years, and many bikes were a different color than the USA models.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 01:13 PM
bikerola

DT1b Color

Hi I found a guy that can paint your parts. It`s the closest you will come to orginal paint. Enduro Stuff

Regards Ola
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode