!982 CR480R - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Vintage Dirtbikes Discussion of all things on Vintage Dirtbikes manufactured in 1980 or earlier.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2003, 01:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

!982 CR480R

Does anybody know where to find manuals for older Honda's as well as parts for them. I am tired of getting laughed out of honda dealerships when I give the year of the bike. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a 1982 Honda CR480R and most shops won't even touch it let alone look for parts for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2003, 10:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: !982 CR480R

e-bay also look for nos dealers (new old stock) ask a guy named shelly at www.yamatopdog.com he works parts at that dealor.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2003, 09:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: !982 CR480R

Not sure why they're laughing, maybe losing a sale is funny? [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Try here http://www.motorcyclebooks.com/crprol191.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 10:29 PM
Vintage Tinkerer

for you shop manual ...all that I could find was a clymer booklet...#343 is what is on the back...just go to your book store and order a clymer repair manual for 1981-1986 honda dirt bike...comprises all sizes of those yrs... complete engine gskt set for your machine is a veserah vg 197...d-g is the only place to find new exhaust...babbitts in michigan has acces to some nos stuff...they are a broker for outfits in jpn...for all the rest of what you cannot find...good luck...I frame/case up reblt my 1982 480...took 2 yrs to get all that I needed....comp rebrged everything ...new/ whatever it needed...sandblasted frame and paint...the list goes on....cost 4100.00 cdn when I did it in 05...the thing is beautiful and it flys!!!! engine got case and barrel porting...carbwas extensivly worked over...custom sanded my own needles...did a nasa type rebld.....just aquired a 1983 cr480...goona do the same to it...oh ya...ride my 82 as often as I can...roughly 5oo hrs a yr..not to bad for the land of the snow ..eh? p.s. DON'T GIVE UP!!!! end product is well worth it as all the new stuff sees an awful lot of red fender when I ride...oh ya...for' I forget...am 51...had 82 since 1984...bin riding since I was 7 yrs young...hope this helps....B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode