Yamaha Rino or Polaris Ranger - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
UTV Lounge General Utility Terrain Vehicle discussions, hanging out and sharing tips.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Wendell Chenault

Yamaha Rino or Polaris Ranger

Hey folks! I need some help on choosing between the Yamaha Rino 660 and Polaris Ranger XP 700. I live in NE Louisana and plan on using the side by side for deer and duck hunting, working around the house and I have a heavy 21 ft deck boat that I want to use the side by side to park the boat in the back yard. I also have a wife and 2 kids that like going out and riding around for fun, so I need some way of seating everone. I hear the Ranger is fuel-ejected and will start easier in the winter but is jerky when starting to move. The Rino has a carb which is cold natured but smooth. The Rino looks sporty and the seats are very comfy, but again seating for the family. I really want to put a hard top on it so I can possibly deer hunt while sitting on the top. Also I don't plan on just going mudding but which seems to be better in the mud? I need some imput from folks in this area if possible on what they have seen as pros and cons on both. One day I look at one then the next day the other, can't decide......help!!!!!! Let me know what you think at [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 06:25 PM
prowrench

Re: Yamaha Rino or Polaris Ranger

The Ranger is jerky, uses a lesser clutch design exactly like a snowmobile. The Rhino uses a different set up designed for off-road ATV & UTV use.
Fuel injection is neet but not quite as easy to repair along the trail when something goes wrong. Rhino's are not hard to start or cold natured when tuned correctly.

Here it is in a nutshell, if you are going to use it primarily for hauling stuff in the bed in wide open spaces, the Ranger may have a very slight edge. If your going to use it for conquering the off-road, the Rhino is so much better in every way I dont have time to type every example.

How many other off-road vehicles use a strut front suspension? none. If it were better wouldnt they all use it? Polaris's new sportier machine uses shocks so they are learning.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 10:42 PM

Re: Yamaha Rino or Polaris Ranger

I think the Ranger has the full front seat for seating three people isde by side but I have seen many Rhino's modified with a rear seat in the bed. Of course it is then no longer useful for hauling stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 08:32 AM
MartinD

My brother is repairing the drive belt on a friends Ranger.This is the second Ranger he has done this year.Neither of the guys that owns them drive them hard either.I have 800 miles on my Rhino with 27" tires and have had no issues.

Last edited by MartinD; 04-09-2008 at 09:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode