04 Bruin 350 auto - possible piston slap - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Utility/4x4 ATVs All discussions of Utility and 4x4 ATV's, quads, four-wheelers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 03:14 PM
02bulldawg

04 Bruin 350 auto - possible piston slap

I just bought a 04 Bruin that has a very strange knocking. Guy I bought it from said it sounded like his buddy's grizzly so he never thought anything of it. I have read that some with this problem say it needed a value adjustment. Both stealerships I stopped my said it sound like it was coming from the automatic belt housing area. The second fellow seems to think if the belt is not the problem them could be a piston slap. This was based on the blue smoke coming out of the exhaust when first started. Has anyone else had this knocking sound? What does a piston slap sound like and how bad is that? Will I be needing a new topend in the future? Thanks in advance for your advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 06:34 PM

there is a coulple things you can do one get a valve adjusment you can pull the head off take it to a shop and have them measure the piston if it has scratchs replace it if its ovaled replace and hone the sleve no matter what you do if you do it before you blow it up it will save your top end from a hole rebuild also get your lifters and cranck checked for ware if your burnning oil your rings are or your vavles need and adjusment or you piston is scartched up only way to find out is to look aslo when you put it back together replace all gaskets itll sound like pinging if your vavles are offf clunking if your piston is bad just have to take a look
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
bruin, knocking

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode