ArcticCat accesories/performance mods - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Utility/4x4 ATVs All discussions of Utility and 4x4 ATV's, quads, four-wheelers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 05:03 PM
andrewr05

ArcticCat accesories/performance mods

My 4-wheeler is 100% bone stock except for new headlights.
I would like to sightly modify for better off-roading.
It has excelent ground clearance now but it does bottom out on some of the larger rocks, stumps, logs etc., and my driving style is pretty much go over and thru anything and everthing rather than go around it! I would like some increased power, more ground clearance, and guards such as a-arm guards and skid plates. I have a limited budget so cheap but good is a plus!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 06:29 AM
GotMud

Re: ArcticCat accesories/performance mods

Usualy you can ask the maker of the ATV / Where you bought it from, about modiforcations. But you can pick things up cheaply on the net.
Im not to shure on the power, appart from an air filter and exhaust mod, but if you were to buy bigger sized wheels, you could gain an inch or so, allowing you to "Go through and over" the rocks and logs, without possible bottoming out. Try: www.tiresunlimited.com

Sportsman 700 EFI TWIN
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 03:58 PM
andrewr05

I would also like to custom make a snorkel after I put on larger tires. And I wanna put on paddle tires because I drive my four wheeler in up to 3 feet of snow and bieleve it or not the stock tires dont get much traction spinning at 35mph when you plow through the snow!(that is the only way to go through it because it just bogs down if you go slow)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2005, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my driving style is pretty much go over and thru anything and everthing rather than go around it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever heard of treading lightly?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 07:09 PM
andrewr05

yes as a matter of fact I have and cosidering most of my riding is on my own land I really dont give too squirts of piss about treading lightly.

but... on the other hand I also ride publicly maintained trails and I dont want them closed down... so... or something like that!!!!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode