Tires - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Utility/4x4 ATVs All discussions of Utility and 4x4 ATV's, quads, four-wheelers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 09:51 AM
kingofatvs

Tires

I have some serious Soft Mud on my farm at the bottom of one of the feilds, not deep but realy thick, like cley, it gets in my standard tire groves realy easy and clogs them up, the only reason i got out of it was with the shoulder lugs. If any of you could give me info on some good tires that will easly cope with thick cley/mud then i would be realy greatful.

King Of Atv's...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 11:03 AM

Re: Tires

ITP 589's have very large lugs and very large clean out abilities. However, for farm land they are probably going to tear the ground up more than you want.

ITP Mudlites are also a 6 ply rated tire with a more aggressive tread pattern, but not as aggressive as 589's and lighter.

One of the better but also higher priced are the Carlisle
A.C.T.. These tires are a radial, 6 ply tire that offer ride quality and an aggressive tread pattern.

Jesse
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 06:02 AM
kingofatvs

Thankx for the info, i have recently been on a web site with these tires on and have taken in to consideration on what might be the best for me.

King Of Atv's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 04:11 PM
LaMigraTx

Hey KingofAtvs,

If need any help check out some of the information on my website. ATV magazine did a great review on all kinds of tires, 25s to 28s. If you want I can post your question and see what people respond with. Hope this help too.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 02:20 PM
bizkit

king of atvs,

I have a set of gators on my 04 grizzly and they work great. They look pretty much like the tread of a tractor tire. They dont do to bad in the yard either unless you turn real sharp, and they were fairly in-expensive. You might check them out. I bought mine off e-bay.

Peace out!

04 girzz
02 400ex [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode