Vinson filter and jet kit - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Utility/4x4 ATVs All discussions of Utility and 4x4 ATV's, quads, four-wheelers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Vinson filter and jet kit

Has anyone ever put aftermarket exhaust / filter / jet Kit on a Suzuki Vinson?

I have talked in length to a mechanic about doing this and he believes that all I will do is re-arrange the power curve to allow for more top end and I will lose a lot of low end torque.

I ride in the woods a lot and don't want to lose low end but I wouldn't mind a little more oomph.

I went to an EPI clutch kit, for $200 bucks I gained little. Just want some good advice for the next mod.

Just looking to see if anyone has done any air/fuel - timing - etc. mods etc on this machine.

Jesse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 05:26 PM
dryvinson

Re: Vinson filter and jet kit

If you ever get some serious answers, I would like to know also. Love the machine in the woods, even w/a passenger, but out on the long trail it lags behind a little.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Re: Vinson filter and jet kit

OK Let me rephrase, Has anyone ever put an exhaust and/or jet kit on any sport/utitility machine and found a marked improvement. I am looking for a little better performance, but I ride in the woods a lot and I am concerned about the added exhaust noise.

Anyone out there found a true marked advantage from any mods other than clutch tuning and still kept closely with the stock reliability.

Jesse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

I did it!

Well for anyone interested in the quad works jet hop up kit, I did it. A little over priced, but comparitive to everyone else. There is some good information and all in all it was pretty easy to install.

Took me about an hour or so, and did get some better throttle response. The throttle seems to be more crisp and power has been increased. Bang for your buck, just like everything else there should of been more, but pretty descent.

So, if your wanting a little more out of your machine, I'd reccomend it. If your looking for a lot more, buy a bigger machine.

Jesse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode