another first time buyer - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Utility/4x4 ATVs All discussions of Utility and 4x4 ATV's, quads, four-wheelers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2004, 02:28 PM
luny2nz

another first time buyer

I'm posting the same question on a couple sites. First,are there any sites that have non-biased review or comparison of different quads? I am looking for something I can use for Duck hunting(mud,dog,gun,dekes,etc.Deer hunting-fire roads,steep rocky stuff. And of course,for Fun!I am overwhelmed at all the info out there. I like the polaris 500ho,but its heavy. The bobadier outlader looks good.I also like the suzuki vinison and the eiger.The kawi prairie looked good too.This is driving me crazy! Any and all info would be greatly apreciated. Thanks, Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 01:11 AM

Re: another first time buyer

I wondered the same thing,so I went to atvtv.com and Doug Meyer,the host of the "atvtv"show did comparison tests with the utility quads if I remember correctly.Check it out-it helped me narrow my choices.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 11:03 AM
PrimeTimeCheech

What it all boiled down to for me while I was in the market was this:

- First decide what class atv you want
- What is your affordability
- Research every make and talk to people who have experience
with each particular make and their pros/cons
- Go check each out, at different dealers.
- Test ride!

Finally the final choice ultimately comes down to you and your own personal riding style and what you will most use the machine for. Because, lets face it, ALL the makes are making great efforts to be the best they can due to all the competition(which is great) So choose the one that fits YOU best and good luck doing so!!

By the way, I went with the Suzuki Vinson and it has been a GREAT machine for me so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 11:54 AM
motomxer

I, would get the suzuki vinison it is a very good quad the only downfall is that it does not have a independent suspension but has the most power full engine in its class though to make up for it. The only bad thing about the bombardier is that because of visco-lock you can not switch in and out of 4 wheel. also the polaris it is very good to independent suspension true 4 wheel drive and a powerful engine. Hope this helps you out. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2004, 04:47 PM
denmxz

I own a 2004 Bombardier Outlander 400 XT .
I love it and you can switch it between 2 and 4 wheel drive.
Also it's the only company that offers a 3 year warranty. Everyone else only gives 6 months.

Army vet [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 10:52 AM
luny2nz

Hey all. After doing a ton of research, I have decided on the suzuki vinson. I felt like it had the most of what I wanted for the price. I am picking it up this week for $6584.00 otd. I wanted something for hunting and play. I noticed that all the "sport" quads have a solid rear axle,which helped me decide against the irs machines.I picked up a warn 3.0 winch on e-bay for $330.00,and the mounting plate for $29.00. Shipping brings the total cost on both to $390.00. I am now looking for a rear rack seat. It will ony be for when I am sitting still,of course.;-)If anyone knows of a good site for after market items,please post them. I feel good about my choice,and will post again when I pick it up. Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode