Bombardier Outlander / Traxter???? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Utility/4x4 ATVs All discussions of Utility and 4x4 ATV's, quads, four-wheelers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 12:13 PM
coldterry

Bombardier Outlander / Traxter????

Quad guys and gals:

What have you heard about the new Outlander and Traxter? Does anyone have any experience with them?

In 2001, they were a piece of ?.,*&^&*#$%&. Now all of sudden they are "ATV of the Year". But everyone claims to be that, right???

Those who have one, let me know what they do. Those who have looked, let me know why you bought.... or didn't buy??

Price looks ok. But I have some concerns on the sudden change in views from 2001 to now.

Coldterry in Western Canada [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 11:33 AM
denmxz

Re: Bombardier Outlander / Traxter????

The largest US and Canadian magazines both rated the 03 Outlander "ATV OF THE YEAR". It was not just the Bombardier company claiming it. The Outlander was not available in 2001 only the Traxter was. Both the Traxter and the Outlander are made for 2 different purposes. Farmers love the Traxter because it is the best working machine out there. In pulling competions nothing out pulled the Traxter.If you want to do mostly trail riding you should be leaning towards the Outlander. It is one of the few machines out there that has independent rear suspension. Independent rear suspension, I think offers the nicest ride. I have always liked Honda too, but Only the 650 Rincon in the Honda line up offers independent rear suspension and is $12000.00 Canadian plus tax.I test drove 10 different machines from Suzuki,Honda Artic cat, Yamaha and Bombardier. I own a 2004 400 Outlander XT and absouletly love it. It's liquid cooled and is just as fast as any 500 and it has alot of other features that are not available on other makes. The most important thing is only Bombardier offers a 3 year warranty all the others only offer a 6 month warranty.
Don't take my word for it. Do your home work and check it out for your self. Army Vet [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 04:19 PM
coldterry

Bombardier Outlander / Traxter????

Have you tested the new Polaris Sportsman 400 and 500? They have independant rear suspension. I am interested to see what you think about the Polaris.

Coldterry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 12:24 PM
PrimeTimeCheech

Not ALL people like the independent suspension, including me. I feel that independent suspension is an overrated feature on todays quads. I have a Suzuki Vinson500 and have compared its ride to both the Arctic Cat and Polaris, both having independents and found the difference in the rides very minimal compared to the price differences. I also found the handling on the Polaris and Arctic Cat is not even close to how well the Vinson handles the turns and how responsive the steering is, but we all have different riding styles, likes and dislikes and that should be the determining factor on how you select the right atv for you! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2004, 04:01 PM
denmxz

I Spoke with my local Honda/Bombardier dealer and they won't even take a Polaris on a trade in.
One of my buddies has a Polaris 500 and had to have the front differiantal changed already.
Alos when he goes in deep water it doesn't want to move. [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
Army vet
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2004, 04:12 PM
denmxz

I agree that the Vinson is a nice bike,I drove one.
It was my second choice.

But for me I liked the ride of a rear independent suspension.
Also
Suzuki only offers a 6 month warranty.
Bombardier offers a 3 year warranty.
My father owns a Suzuki Atv and he finds the price on replacement parts are more expensive than other Atv makes.

Army vet [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 07:07 PM
acemanfarnsworth

I just bought my first ATV and its a 2000 traxter that was still in the create-I watched them unpack and put it together. My neighbors just took me for an all day ride this pass sat. in mostly left over snow here in the laural highlands of Pennsylvania. There were 2 Hondas(foreman & rancher)and a brand new Polaris sportsman 700. The 700 or me had to blaze the trails for the Hondas in the snow.In the lower land where there was not much snow all three of the others were impressed by my bomb cause my wheels seem to spin far less than theirs. At 755 lbs it is heavy. Look at the frame its massive. I personally like that. I'm last when we have to do any paved road travel. Actually its built and handles like a tank! Also a big plus to me (an old jeep 4 wheeler who thought OFF-ROAD mag was the bible 25 years ago) it has low RANGE that Honda does not have. Its so nice in close quarters and real steep hills. The Polaris owner told me his low range only brakes on the rear axil as oppose to both front and rear on the bomb. As you can tell I'm really starting to love my trax but I would tell you if it was a peice of crap. IHTH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode