Please Help RE: Offroad Tires - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Utility/4x4 ATVs All discussions of Utility and 4x4 ATV's, quads, four-wheelers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2004, 05:25 PM
70noschevy

Please Help RE: Offroad Tires

I need to know if any of you all have tried either the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R or the Dunlap Mudrover Tires, I'm trying to decide on which of the two, I want to purchase. (35x12.50x15) for my 78 Chevy K-1500 4x4. PLEASE HELP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 11:35 AM
GTA

Re: Please Help RE: Offroad Tires

Maybe you should post this question in the Truck forum.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 07:55 PM

I had the regular Wrangler A/T's that came stock on a Toyota Tacoma that wore out extremely fast, but I've never tried those particular tires. I run the 35x12.5x16.5 BFG All-Terrains on my 1 Ton Ford. I also ran the 35x12.5x15 on a '78 Bronco and had no complaints. The BFG All-Terrains provide great all terrain traction, without the short tread life one gets with most "mud" tires. I find they work much better in any terrain other than super deep gumbo mud, than the more aggressive looking tires, including everything you can think of in harsh winter driving including black ice, packed or deep snow.They also are the only radial tire I know of that comes with a true 3 ply sidewall, making them more puncture resistant. I had a set of 36" Super Swampers, they were great in the deep mud, but only lasted about 6,000 miles(they weren't radials). The 35" BFG's I had on my '78 Bronco lasted me 72,000 miles (31" version only lasted 36,000 on the Tacoma, I think it may be because the biger tires aren't rotating as fast at highway cruising speeds) before I replaced them, and still had enough tread to use as an emergency spare. Unless you're really set on a mud tire, I would highly recommend the BFG All Terrains, hope this helps. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 06:15 PM
70noschevy

Thanks for the info! I'm still thinking on which tires I'm going to go with. But, I'm leaning toward the Goddyear Wrangler MT/R Tires. L iving out here in Arizona, the tires will dry rot, before they'll wear out. That and considering My truck hardley gets driven anyways (gas mileage sucks!)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 06:17 PM
70noschevy

I originally posted it in here, by mistake. Sorry!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 08:27 PM
lionsteve

Not sure if all Wranglers are the same but I had some come stock on my F-150 and they sucked. Wore out at about 40,000 and were terible in the rain. Just my $.02

Steve [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 08:40 PM
70noschevy

No, not all Goodyear Wranglers are the same the stock ones are not meant for much offroad use. Unlike the MT/R'S are meant for mud, sand, rock climbing, pretty much anything you want to do with them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode