NEED FEEDBACK ON 03 YAMAHA WOLVERINE - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Utility/4x4 ATVs All discussions of Utility and 4x4 ATV's, quads, four-wheelers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2002, 01:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

NEED FEEDBACK ON 03 YAMAHA WOLVERINE

OPINIONS ON YAMAHA WOLVERINE FOR TRAIL RODING. ANYONE WHO RIDES ONE PLEASE GIVE ME INFO ON THE QUAD. THANKS FRED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 04:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: NEED FEEDBACK ON 03 YAMAHA WOLVERINE

I love my Wolverine!!! This baby is not the fastest, but it goes anywhere I point it. I actually just got back from riding today with some buddies. We were out for 3 hours and I could anywhere and then some with respect to my friends. There was a Honda 300 EX, and 2 motorcycles...both 350cc. The Honda and the bikes trashed my on straight out hauls, but when it came to mud, steep inclines with loose rocks and just plain climing there wasn't even a contest. The 300 EX got stuck 3 times when we hit some mud boggs...I just went around him and pulled him out...the mud was several inches past my axles...perhaps a foot or two deep. Didn't even blink an eye.The motorcyles had a little trouble wheeving up and down and in and out of the loose gravel trail we where using...they just couldn't get that great a traction. It simply takes me where I point it.

The nice thing about the Wolverine, in my mind, is that it is a hybrid or sorts...suspension akin to a sport atv with lots of travel and the 4x4 aspect of a utility. It's not the biggest and badest 4x4 atv out there, but it does the job.

In a typical day of riding we cover just about every kind of terrain...several miles of straight aways (and this is where the Wolverine's light dims), we cross railroad tracks...4-wheel drive shines here actually, mud...several boggs that would make a 4x4 truck cry, steep inclines, water, trails through trees (whindy with stumps, large rocks, roots, ravines, etc.) gravel, sand, grass swamps, etc. I think I've put it through it's paces and it has shined brilliantly.

The only drawy back it that the 350cc engine is the same as the one on the Warrior...which has 6 gears. The Wolverine could use another top end gear. I think with a 6th gear I'd have a better chance at keeping up with my Honda 300 EX buddy. However, the other aspects shine enough to easily offset that issue. If I could I'd buy my wife and kids a Wolverine.

Bottom line...I love it man! It has that nice balance of sport and Utility. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode