buying a grizzly- want to share info - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Utility/4x4 ATVs All discussions of Utility and 4x4 ATV's, quads, four-wheelers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-25-2002, 08:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

buying a grizzly- want to share info

I have recentlly went to a dealer in des moines Iowa and purchased a grizzly. They told me it would be in soon.I called yamaha motor corp. and asked for the statis on when the griz would be here.The rep told me it would be here by the end of the week and that it would be shipped by UPS ground., so I waited a week and called again .I talked to another rep and he said there was no way this could be possible because the griz was not even in the warehouse yet.I just dont know how there could be so much miscommunication. I looked around at other dealers and found one in stock,so I called the first dealership to see if I could get out of the contract because there was no money exchanged yet ,needless to say there were harsh words between us when he told me to get a lawyer if I wanted out of it or pay him 800 dollars for his trouble.(this was the owner of the dealership).And he informed me that I was stuck buying it from him whether I liked it or not.Then he told me or should say yelled to me that he would call me back when he calmed down.All this for a Fourwheeler.Its not like I'm stealing it.I felt totally mistreated.But needless to say I'm still waiting at their mercy. So someday I will be a proud grizzly owner. I guess the only question is - does this sort of thing happen often or is this just my luck?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2002, 05:00 AM
tony1034

Re: buying a grizzly- want to share info

I'm not sure about the laws in Iowa, but in NJ you have whats called a 3 day right of rescission. I know it applys to car leases and mortgage refinances. My guess is it would apply to motorcycle and ATV purchases. It sounds like the dealer is trying to strong arm you. I mean does the dealer really think that the product he is selling sucks and he won't be able to sell the Grizzly? Doesn't sound like someone I would want to do business with. Just my opinion.

Tony
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2002, 10:14 PM
FordDiesel

Something like that happend to my dad when he bought his motorcycle from Honda. The dealer he bought it from ended up getting the bike from the other dealer that had it in stock and gave it to my dad. Then when the one that they had ordered came in they gave it to the other dealer. Ofcourse, this can only happen when both dealers are willing to work together in a common goal of makeing customers happy and giving them what they pay for, but that doesnt happen to often.

Sorry to hear about all your probelms, but that's one reason I wont buy something like that that's not in stock. Before I sign papers I make sure that my bike (or what ever) is on the lot or in the garage getting lubed up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 04:38 PM
pokie

Sure doesnt sound like the dealer is being very reasonable. If the guy goes and blows his top on ya and all, how professional is that. The next question is what happens when you have to have a service performed buy his shop or something of that nature. I dont know if I'd want to deal with this guy any more than I had to, and that kind of sucks. I dont know what kind of legal ground your having to deal with since no money has changed hands but I think if it was me I'd walk away from this guy.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 10:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I think this sorta situation happens all the time except is usually handled diffrently. When i bought my praire i went to the dealership my uncle worked at which is like an hour away and bought it but of course i wanted the red and all they had is green. So they had to find one for me. The one they located was at a dealership about 5 min from my house. It took about 3 days but they exchanged and i drove back out there and picked it up no problems. Same thing happened when i bought my R6 of course you never want the color they have......
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-14-2002, 07:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I finally got my Grizzly ,it took a long time but it was worth it . I think its great and I got it for under $7400 with a winch and blade. So far I have no regerets. Does any one else have a grizzly or know of any problems?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2003, 12:07 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I just bought a 2003 yamaha grizzly and 3 weeks after I bought it and 2 rides later, I blew out 2 front axles riding in the snow. Anyone know of any other problems with the Grizzly??? Anyone know about clutch kits for these??

thanks,
Jason
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2003, 06:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Blew both front axles in the snow?!! hope they stand behind it that REALLY sucks!.& I was all pissed about an oil leak on a new polaris, now you made me feel better.I hope you have good luck with the machine from here out,a friend of mine bought a grizzly the first year of production & he hasn't had any problems with it. good luck. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2005, 10:30 PM
huntinok

Personnally I wouldn't have entered into a contract until the 4-wheeler was in the showroom. Next time have them call you when they get the one in that you want to buy. That way you will have the option to buy it or not.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 06:16 PM

How did you enter into contract exactly?

If he was my dealer I would tell him to stick it.

However, if you went in there telling him you wanted a Grizzly, and never discussed time frame or dollar amount, shame on you.

Yes, the dealer should try to make you happy and proabably shouldn't tell at you, but, there is an infinate amount patience and money that can be spent trying to make a customer happy to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode