Off Road RV Trailer - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Trailers, RV's and Camping Recreational Vehicles and general camping tips. Build it, buy it, cast-iron cook it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 05:23 PM
thjakits

Off Road RV Trailer

Hi all,

actually "Off Road" is a little to much in the mounth for the trailer:
What I am looking for is a big RV-trailer built for "Dirt Road Conditions", ruts, potholes, gravel, mud, etc.
The trailer is not supposed to go ever off a road - maybe down a solid meadow to a lake or so...

At this stage I know next to nothing about RV-trailers - I do know the Airstream trailers are the cream de la cream of On-the-road RV trailers, but that's it.

I am looking for a trailer that will not disintegrate when the going gets rough, so ground clearance (adjustable?) is of importance...
Good suspension should also take care of the interior not coming apart....

IF there is special makers out there, please let me know which one is the "Airstream" of "Off Road Trailers".

Again, I am not looking for a camping Trailer, but a solid RV, with galley, bathroom, the total RV-thing, but for the rough road ! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

Thanks for any and all advice!!

Thomas Jakits
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2006, 11:18 AM
Veteran

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Stranger

Tough Off-Road RV

If you are looking for a RV that will withstand any road and conditions, you should take a look at Global Expedition Vehicles | Quality Expedition Vehicles. Their expedition RV can not only take you everywhere and but also provide you a lot of comfort
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thjakits View Post
Hi all,

actually "Off Road" is a little to much in the mounth for the trailer:
What I am looking for is a big RV-trailer built for "Dirt Road Conditions", ruts, potholes, gravel, mud, etc.
The trailer is not supposed to go ever off a road - maybe down a solid meadow to a lake or so...

At this stage I know next to nothing about RV-trailers - I do know the Airstream trailers are the cream de la cream of On-the-road RV trailers, but that's it.

I am looking for a trailer that will not disintegrate when the going gets rough, so ground clearance (adjustable?) is of importance...
Good suspension should also take care of the interior not coming apart....

IF there is special makers out there, please let me know which one is the "Airstream" of "Off Road Trailers".

Again, I am not looking for a camping Trailer, but a solid RV, with galley, bathroom, the total RV-thing, but for the rough road ! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

Thanks for any and all advice!!

Thomas Jakits

You got to check out the Afrispoor Off Road Trailer. Afrispoor Rugged Off Road Trailers - The Stainless Steel Go Anywhere All Terrain Overland Expedition Tent Camper

It is exactly what you describe what you are looking for.

Chris
Afrispoor Off Road Trailers
Stainless Steel all terrain tent trailers
www.afrispoor.com

Last edited by riprod; 03-17-2010 at 10:06 PM. Reason: web address
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 08:51 AM

X pod

Here are some pics of my offroad trailer. We have dubed it the" EX POD " Abs hull , cryo foam lined , Full int. inc. sterio and flat screen , tones of cargo room , full gally in the rear. 975lbs empty 1550 lbs as loaded in the pics . It floats so river crossings are never an issue. This is a prototype of a future product we may bring into limited production...Thanks....Boxcar...[IMG][/IMG]
https://forums.off-road.com/members/b...pics-p-009.jpg

Last edited by Boxcar; 07-22-2010 at 09:06 AM.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 03:58 AM

Hey whu don't you check out Demon Rvs they are good for bad roads .and i think will fit almost all of yours necessity .
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 11:49 PM
Mud in my Veins

Thumbs up Adventure Trailers

I really like the Adventure Trailers. Their small, light, easy to maintain.

If this is too small for you, try something from Jayco--like their Baja Series Pop-up. It's got room for ATVs and it has great ground clearance. It will also travel well on dirt roads.

Jayco 2011

If that's still too small, then consider a Toyhauler. They are designed for driving off-road to the campsite and have higher clearance than an Airstream, plus you can store your toys and sleep under the same roof.

If you're looking for nostalgia and don't plan on doing any serious remote camping off-road, then the Airstream is a sweetheart.

Let us know what you end up getting.

Get what fits you best and start camping!

DezertScorpion
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 06:41 AM

i like all these trailers and camper, but I am confused about which truck handle them properly, i have heard about Vaccum Trucks, they are good. Let see I am waiting for your answers.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 11:37 PM
Novice

We are pleased to announce that AOR will have a new MATRIX Off Road Caravan The MATRIX has been a standout addition to the AOR product and employs all of our innovative and proven off-road engineering techniques to produce a full height, full feature off-road caravan.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2013, 11:14 PM

@WickedTrucks we can install lift kits and suspension kits for all RVs, travel trailers, and motor homes. If you'd like to know the pricing which includes:

Installation
Wheels
Off Road Tires
Warranty (if purchased by RBF and installed by WickedTrucks.)
Tax
Suspension upgrades * optional

Email [email protected] for pricing or other services like gas/diesel performances or repairs, Diesel Jeep swaps, and other services.

Johnny Murray
714-262-1675
WickedTrucks
RBF Rolling Big Force
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode