stumped on driveability problem - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Toyota SUV's & Trucks Discussion of Toyota Pickup Trucks and 4-Runner SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 06:08 PM

Cool stumped on driveability problem

19914x4 22re fuel inj hesates under load until engine gets up to operating temp. I have checked timing adjusted valves instaled new fuel pump lines fuel filter tps switch -coil plug wires plugs cap roter button and coolent temp switch checked cold start ingitor switch ok egr system ok someone said to check wireing harness under intake for chafeing if any one has any ideas i would apperaciate some info.{ ps} seams to be worse in cold weather and if you shut engine off for 10 minutes problem startes all over .again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Get a philips head screw driver, or 10mm socket and ratchet...remove the boot from the front of the throttle body and the air ducting...flip it over and inspect the accordion/elbow area for weather cracks and breakdown.

This happened to another member awhile back and he replaced all that stuff listed above only to find out it was his tube the whole time that had a crack he couldn't see until removing it!

I will ponder thoughts about anything else in the meantime
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 01:21 PM

Cool stumped on driveability

Ill,try looking at the tube i stripped the wireing harness from the computer to every thing under the hood and found nothing wrong thanks for the input . i did notice i when i removed the battery ground at times i have a 11.6 volt draw. when the runs bad yesterday when i started to work on the truck i had no draw truck ran fine but when it runs bad and i go to work on it i remove the grd cable to check sensors and i have the draw pulled all fueses disconected ecm and all sensors draw still their .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Keyboard Implanted

That is a very big draw! That may be messing with your ignitor or powering of the injectors. How are you measuring the voltage draw?

You said you pulled all the fuses and the ECM harness and still had draw. So when it's acting up it still has draw after shutting off the engine? I ask because you said you pulled the ECM harness and it still did it.

Also I imagine you meant the fuses in the left kick panel...Did you try any in the engine bay?

Do you have anything aftermarket wired up? KC Lights, Stereo, Amp, Winch?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 12:03 AM

Maybe I am misunderstanding but you say that when you remove the battery ground you have an 11.6 amp draw right? If the negative battery cable has been removed from the battery then there should be nothing to complete the circuit and give you a draw anywhere. Please describe where you are measuring the draw, from what to what, and what instrument you are using. A multi-meter set to amps I imagine but just to be sure.

F
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 03:49 PM

stumped on driveabilty 2

hey fiddler, negitive ground cable off using digital volt meter with all fuses out of engine compartment and kick panel and ecm unpluged and all electrial sensors ,mass air flow ,injectors ,tps switch,coolant sensor,cold start sensor,unpluged still has draw the only thing that was not unpluged was alternator and coil and ingitior. thanks for reply, and [ps] the battery never goes dead but for the last four days truck has run like new.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 01:03 AM

There is a diode in the alt that can go bad and cause a draw, try unplugging the alt.... If it's the cause, get it rebuilt, or get a Nippondenso, don't get a crappy replacement.

Jerod

"Hiking is just walking where it's ok to pee.....
Sometimes old people hike on accident....."

89 4Runner "The James Caird" Yeah, I named it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode