OT... Welding Cart Plans ?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Tools and Fabrication Forum for discussing the latest tools or fabrication methods for the Off-Road vehicle owner.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2001, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

OT... Welding Cart Plans ??

Does anyone have plans or a pic of a decent welding cart I could make for my MIG welder? Thanks.....

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2001, 06:23 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: OT... Welding Cart Plans ??

Did a quick seach for welding cart projects and really didn't get anything but did find this interesting sitehttp://www.zena.net/htdocs/welders/projects.shtml Go to there homepage fro other infohttp://www.zena.net. Look in Harbor freights catalog or site. They sell carts, Maybe you could take their basic cplan and mod it to your needs and size. Jim

http://sites.netscape.net/riodiusa
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2001, 08:25 AM
MRLoneWolfe

Crow ask bob to send you pics of his.he did a really good inexpensive welding cart...did you happen to see it while you were there??if not ask him!I also made one identical and they work gr8 and room for your bottle if you have one,and on casters for easy mobility!!take care and hope all is well..keep in touch!!BTW...my friends the squirrels say hello!!!hehehe!!

88 Sam I AM(AKA-THROTTLE MONGER)- 1.3+.030,cam,462gears,locked,5in Calmini,2"body
31-10.50's.Yankee-offroad-Hood latches,Bumpers,Rails and armour,Tracker seats.................ECT.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2001, 02:51 PM

Just head down to your local WallyMart and swipe a shopping carrige, hack away the basket and mount up your welder!

93 Tracker, with stuff
87 Samurai.. no stuff
86 Samurai.. doesn't run, all rotted
http://www.geocities.com/mini4x
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2001, 03:02 PM

Man you'd think that the WalMart handle would give it away???????/

I believe that is theft?

Rich_D
To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream. Not only plan, but also believe.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2001, 03:22 PM
Keyboard Implanted

CrowHorse,I took an old maid cart from a motel and it works great.I even mounted a chest tool box on one end and a grinder/wire wheel machine on it.It cost $35.00 used.Could not build one that cheap.RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2001, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Watchful Spirit..... I'm thinking in the same lines you are. After drawing some ideas out, it looks like I'm better off finding a cart or cheap hand truck/cart and adding to it as needed. I can get one of these carts for $20 (with wheels) and like you said, I can't build it for that cheap. I've kept my eyes peeled for disgarded bed frames, but whenever you need items like this, one never can find them. When you don't need them, there coming out of the woodwork.........

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2001, 03:46 PM

Crow, you should ask your squirl friends where they put them?
LOL

actually, if they have a thift store, something like a Desseret Industries (that is the one they have here)
they usually have a junk yard of stuff in the back that they let people rummage through and you can find
everything you need to build what you are looking for and maybe for only a few bucks...

good luck..

Rich_D
To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream. Not only plan, but also believe.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2001, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Maybe I should take my furry friends with me to the Thrift store. I love to rummage and scavenge, so maybe this is the ticket........ Thanks......

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode