yokohama geolander MT's - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Tire Tips, What Works Best One of the most-talked-about subjects on our Boards; applies to all makes and models.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2001, 09:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yokohama geolander MT's

Just want to hear from anyone who is running these tires, what do you think of them? On road? Off road? etc? Give me any opinions on just these tires. Don't want to sound rude but I don't want to know about any other tires, I've had about all of them before including the old style mud diggers but want to know about the geolanders so when I get my taxes back I can get my new tires, Thanks

TONY(HARDBODY)
<font color=red>"If your not breakin parts, your not wheelin hard enough"</font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2001, 10:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: yokohama geolander MT\'s

Don't worry. I run these tires. Bought them used with a lot of tread. I am very happy with them. They centanly work better than my old bfg all terrians. I am happy with them and plan on buying them again.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2001, 08:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ok, so how are they in the rain as far as hydroplaining??

TONY(HARDBODY)
<font color=red>"If your not breakin parts, your not wheelin hard enough"</font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2001, 10:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have had no problem in the rain. They clean mud snow and rain very good. they have good on road manners.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2001, 09:37 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tony, If I remember correctly the Geolander M/Ts have a channel down through the center of the tread specificaly for this purpose (to disperse water from under the tire) Understand that they do rather well in the rain for a M/T.

Ummmm Beer!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2001, 07:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks, my bfg mud terrains handle the rain better than my old bfg at's did, but it's time for a new tire, original tire (stock) was 31" firestone atx's (crap) than went straight up to 35" BFG at's, than 33" yokohama mud diggers (very soft compund, dug in to much in the sand the only tire that made my truck bog down in soft sand) 33" bfg mud terrains were next 2x, back to 35 bfg at's (free used set) this time on the standard offset 10" wide rims, ( yes they hit) oh I always forget (cause they sucked so bad) the 33" kelly safari at's, think they lasted about 15k miles!!!, moved to florida and got 33" bridgestone mud duelers they were good but bfg's still have 3 ply sidewalls, back to 33" bfg mt's, and now ?????, so I guess you can say I have some experience with a few different tires, not to mention the numerous sets of swampers I mounted for my friend, and the thousands I did as a tire mounter. But I wanted opinions of the new geolander mt's so keep them coming, sorry so long

TONY(HARDBODY)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode