swampers.....groundhogs or gumbo mudders?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Tire Tips, What Works Best One of the most-talked-about subjects on our Boards; applies to all makes and models.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2000, 08:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

swampers.....groundhogs or gumbo mudders??

Im buying new tires soon( an xmas gift from me to me) the tsl's swampers, gumbo mudders , or groundhogs r the choices im down to. I have never bought new b4, always got lucky on good used tires. they r all around the same price and im in canada so im looking at around 2k worth of tires, any opinions or favourites? i drive on the street, but not very much its only a 5 min drive to work, i go wheeling quite a bit, no rock climbing, just mud bogs, trails. the tires r goin on a jeep( calm down, my jeep is chev housings, motor,tranmission, and t-case, just a jeep body and frame)im looking at around 40inchers and i know how the sizings run, just lookin 4 opinions, any help appreciated, thxs in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2000, 09:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: swampers.....groundhogs or gumbo mudders??

I think if you do mainly mud, you can't go wrong with the TSL's. They are just an all around good wheeling tire that seem to work well on everything. I think my next set of tires are going to be the 38.5/16x15 TSL's, also going on a Jeep.

Thanks, Ray

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2000, 09:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The TSL's are the best,of those three, for the mud. Tsl's are Not the highest mileage choice but with your short drive each day, I'd go with the Super Swampers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2000, 09:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The TSL's are the best,of those three, for the mud. Tsl's are not the highest mileage choice but with your short drive each day, I'd go with the Super Swampers.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2000, 09:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thxs 4 the reply, I am thinking of going 39.5/15/15 tsl or the 40 or 38.5 in gumbos or groundhogs, any ideas how the swampers will wear with the little bit of road driving i will do?

post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2000, 10:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I know you had it narrowed down but did you think about adding to your list the Mickey T. Baja Claw?? I know they also come 38"x13.5"....Just a thought. Plus they look way KOOOL...
Allen-

2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 4th door short box. 5.3L with 4.10 gears. Indigo Blue Metallic
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2000, 10:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

<font color=blue>I have 36x12.5x15 TSL radials and I love them. They're great off-road (had them in mud over the tires last weekend) and they're not nearly as loud as the bias-ply Gumbo mudders I had on my J**p. The only down part is the mileage and they're not cheap either</font color=blue>

post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2000, 12:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

And they last about 4,000 miles...

post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2000, 01:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

So Chadh82, not to put you on the spot, what are your recomandations and why, because your post was completly worthless. What are your personal experiences with any of these tires. Like I said, not to put you on the spot ( even though I did ), tell me what tires you would use, and why.

Venting again, Ray

post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2000, 08:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Buskshot Wide Mudders !!!!! The best mud tire [besides swamper boggers] tall thin tire will dig to china to get traction look like serius stuff.I used to mud bog and they were THE tire to run. also reasonably priced

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode