35's without suspension lift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Tire Tips, What Works Best One of the most-talked-about subjects on our Boards; applies to all makes and models.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

35's without suspension lift

I have an 05 silverado 4x4 extended cab and want to fit 35's without a suspension lift. I've heard a few people say it can be done, just how exactly? I was figuring a 3 inch body lift and leveling kit but what else? Can anyone give me a list of specifics? This is my first time doing any mods to a truck and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Addict

You will likely get more knowledgeable reply on the chevy forums found lower on the main page.

That being said, on chevys the frame hangs low already, so a body lift will be very visible. leaves an ugly gap between frame and body with frame hanging quite low. while being cheep, a body lift is not typically considered a complete lift kit. It is up to you to take into account all brake lines, wires, fuel lines radiator support and alignment, relocating the rear bumper, shift linkages throttle, etc. Most people would recommend getting as close as you can without the body kit, then if you need another inch or two, get the body lift. You might be able to find a deal on craigslist or a forum.

I drive an 05 Z-71 silverado extended cab for work. I just went out and measured the tires at 31.5 in dia. A 35 in tire would be 2.25 in larger all the way arround. Even with a 3 in lift, I think you will still have to: trim (cut) the lower trailing edge of the front bumper, remove the plastic wheel liner at the rear of the front wheel wells, and you may have to trim the lower rear of the front fenders, as well as the lower front and rear of the rear fenders.

Good Luck!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 06:39 PM
Novice

if you go that route, cutting the metal make sure you choose the proper cutting tools. Some will allow a closer cut then others if there are any places that are difficult to get to. Also you may want to practice on some 20 gauge sheet metal to get a feel for the tool you choose to use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode