Off Roading Forums banner

How big a tire can i fit on a ranger?

58K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  jackson1 
#1 ·
I Was just wondering how big of a tire i can fit onto a Ford Ranger if i was to add Flared fenders or/and just put a small lift on it.

#2 ·
Well it depends on the amount of lift your looking at, I fit 30" BFG all terrains on my ranger 4x4 with no lift and fit 33" pro-comps on my buddy's ranger with a 3" lift-(on its way to pre-runner). With a 6" lift and flares theres no reason you couldn't put 35's on it just make sure you get the correct backspace on your wheels or your gonna have rubbing problems however I'm not sure you'd want to go that big, a ton of drag and sh!t gas mileage. 33's look great on rangers in my opinion, good for gas...kinda, a decent sized off road tire for small game and not bad in the cosmetics department. I pulled the 30's off my ranger and went back to stock 235/70/R15's its the 3.0 liter V6 and has no power stock so the 30" BFG's were killing me, However I now drive a 5.9L Dodge Ram Laramie 1500 with 13" of lift-(10" suspension and 3" body) it rides on 35X12.50X15 BFG Mud terrains I also run a set of 35X12.50X17 procomp Xterrain tires on procomp xtreme wheels, looks great and hasn't gotten me stuck yet! just pulled a F150 out of the middle of the desert yesterday actually:D

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.