Kelly Safari AWR - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Tire Tips, What Works Best One of the most-talked-about subjects on our Boards; applies to all makes and models.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2003, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Kelly Safari AWR

Has anyone ran these tires, im looking at either 235/75/R15s or 265/75/R15s, Im almost definatly buying these tires due to cost comparitivly speaking of other tires at the shop. Im just wondering if anyone else has ran them and what thoughts they have about them.
These will be my Daily Driving tires, this summer if the money permits i may lift the truck and run some 33s with a more agressive tread, but im gonna keep these around for longer trips and winter driving. Anyone have anythoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2003, 12:27 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Kelly Safari AWR

oh i have thoughts drey....i hate kelly tires! go with the cooper S/T L/T A/T but i just never knew anyone who liked there kellys. i had the S/T's for winter and loved them
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2003, 12:32 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

How much?

Kelly tires blow donkeys... in July. Unless you're getting them for under $75/tire they aren't worth it. You can get a Cooper tire or Grabber APs for just a little more than that... and they're better.

I got my Cooper Weathermaster IIs for under $350 out the door mounted and balanced. You can't beat them for a winter tire but you'd burn them off in one summer if you ran them in the summer.

You also might want to look at getting some used tires. Most tire shops have used tires with about half the tread left for pretty cheap (20-40 a tire).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2003, 01:00 PM
Can't Get Enough

I've got a set of Remington Wide Brutes under my truck, and they're fairing pretty well. My dad had some Kellys on his truck years ago, I don't remember how they worked out.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2003, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Sparty-First thing i did when i went in was ask about coopers actually, but they dont carry them, and my dads friend works there and will give us good deals on most tires, this place carrys Goodyear, and Kelly. No Grabber, or Coopers [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] But my dad wants to keep business with him so this is what im limited too.
My dad is has ran Kellys on his S10 for in the area of 10 months prolly now. He likes them, and a Guy i know has the AWRs on his Z71 and likes them ok, i called him a bit ago to ask about them.
Wrath- 235s are 85, 265s are 105 that with mounting and balanceing. And this summer when i look for 33s im gonna look into buying used. I figure i should get a set of good tires thought too. I thinkin about going to a junk yard, gettin some steel rims and just mountin the 33s on them.
crock-is Remington the brand of those tires? or just the type of tire made by another company, i cant say ive ever heard of them
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2003, 04:07 PM
Can't Get Enough

Remington is the brand. I just went out and took a pic. Once I figure out how to post it, I will do so.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2003, 04:52 PM
Mud in my Veins

those Safari's have to be good, they're endorsed by Hank Parker on his fishin show [img]images/graemlins/chairfall.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2003, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Email it to me at [email protected] and ill post it for ya
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2003, 08:17 PM
Keyboard Implanted

then get the goodyear AT/S which look good and almost beefy at the same time. then that fella can keep your business [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2003, 08:27 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

My truck came with some kind of Remington tires on it. They were brand new. They weren't worth the powder to blow them up. They were "M/S" rated tires but looked like a cheap knock-off of my Weathermasters. They were. They didn't self clean in the mud for [bleep] and they worked as good as Hoosiers in the snow. I kid you not when I say I got stuck in my own back yard with them... and I almost couldn't get out in 4wd. They greased over like slicks. They've since been discontinued. They were great in the rain and on the road. Not a sound out of them. But otherwise they sucked.

Hopefully their other tires are better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode