Yokohama Geolander M/T - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Tire Tips, What Works Best One of the most-talked-about subjects on our Boards; applies to all makes and models.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

Yokohama Geolander M/T

I'm getting ready to buy some tires now that I finally got a set of rims. I read a few reviews on the Geolander m/t and they seems like a good tire for the price. Tire rack sells the 31's for $111.00 a piece. Seems like a cheap alternative to the baha claws. reviews said the rubber is real soft, tires stick to everything and sling mud like crazy. Tread wear isn't long but but I don't care cause the zuk only gets road use getting to the trail and back. I was also considering the the 32x9.50 swampers like the ones Jeepn has. He seems to be pretty happy with them plus it's a little taller tire and not as wide so there shouldn't be any rubbing with the 9.50's. What ever tire I go with is gonna last me a long time so I want to make sure I get something I'm happy with. Anyone ever tried the yoko's or seen any rigs with them on? Thanks!

Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 10:22 AM
russphipps

Re: Yokohama Geolander M/T

I've heard good reviews on them too, I don't have any personal experience with them but they look cool!!! [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img], I say get them and give the board some feedback. At $111.00 ea thats not too bad.

Russ
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 01:29 PM

I ran those for 2 years on my Jeep. Best traction of any radial MT I've run. They only got about 20K miles out of them though. They were great in the wet stuff, rocks, deep sand, you name it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 02:17 PM

the yoko's are reportedly pretty good - a lot of the european Land rover guys use them.

a reportedly cheap alternative are the new Maxxis mudzilla LT's - I have no personal experience with these, but the maxis bicycle, motocross, adn quad tires are good!!.

here's a pic - very similar to the Geolandar's.

chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 944747-mudzilla_lt.jpg (29.0 KB, 30 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 09:53 PM

guy i knew had 285 on his Z71, he tired chains to another truck on a mud road, and just tore the [bleep] outta him...good excuse to get a 3 inch body lift and 305 BFG M/Ts i guess [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] idk if he got regeared or not...prolly not
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2002, 12:46 AM
Mud in my Veins

i too looked at those Geolanders and one thing i remember is that their tread isnt nearly as deep as other mud terrains. that probably helps the ride, but limits overall life. their 35" is 18/32" depth, whereas a BFG is 21/32", but the smaller ones might not have as much of a difference.... dont remember. they do look like they're designed well for street use, and look aggressive enough to be noticed, so maybe not a bad deal, though 20k out of a radial mudder is kinda crappy so you might consider that in pricing them. good luck.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2002, 09:56 PM

Do you ever watch King of the Hill? Hank Hill has a friend that talks just like you type. [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2002, 11:22 PM

really, i didnt know that, i do see that show its great, the best one is when they become fire fighters and burn down the fire house...lol [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode