Who makes buckshot and gumbo mudders? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Tire Tips, What Works Best One of the most-talked-about subjects on our Boards; applies to all makes and models.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-15-1999, 04:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Who makes buckshot and gumbo mudders?

What is the name of the company that makes Buckshot and Gumbo mudders? Do they have a url? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-16-1999, 10:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Who makes buckshot and gumbo mudders?

The Denman Rubber Co.
Last time I was able to get an 800 number from the 800 operator.
I would be very suprised if they have an URL
Good luck

post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-16-1999, 04:41 PM
TEX

<font color=purple> I've been meaning to reply to this with some info, but just haven't had time to do proper research. I agree that a URL is unlikely (Interco just got theirs recently). For more info, surf the big tire dealer pages (Nat. Tire & Wheel, etc.). It seems to me that I found the best chart on Buckshots & Gumbo Mudders on the Desert Rat page - but I'm not sure, & I don't have the URL handy (maybe it was FlyNHigh). Both come in a miriad of weird & wonderful sizes that you don't see advertised much (including a 9.00X16 Gumbo Mudder). The Buckshot tread is similar to the Gumbo tread, but deeper. Most sizes of Bias Buckshots are 28/32's deep (compared to 27/32's for the very deepest TSL's - the 34, the Q78, the 42, & the 44). Gumbo's are normally 20-23/32's deep - if I remember correctly. </font color=purple>

TEX

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-16-1999, 06:36 PM

Actually Denman has a pretty nice website. It's http://www.denmantire.com Kind of an off the wall name for their site, really.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

<font color=black>Evan</font color=black>
<font color=red>http://contagious-racing.8m.com</font color=red>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-17-1999, 08:14 AM
TEX

<font color=purple> Couldn't find Buckshots or Gumbo Mudders on that site, but I filed it away on my "links" page all the same. I seem to remember a company named Gateway that made Gumbo Mudders, but I thought too that Denman made 'em under license. Denman probably actually makes them FOR Gateway. </font color=purple>

TEX

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-17-1999, 06:38 PM

You know, Tex, I didn't even look for the Gumbo's on the website. I just saw the words "Denman tire" in a previous post and took it upon myself to find the site. Today I read your post and thought to myself- "self, Gumbo mudders are not a Denman product, therefore, they would not be on their website." Must have had a brain fart yesterday. D'oh! Sorry for the misleading link.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

<font color=black>Evan</font color=black>
<font color=red>http://contagious-racing.8m.com</font color=red>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode