Ground Hawg tires??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Tire Tips, What Works Best One of the most-talked-about subjects on our Boards; applies to all makes and models.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2000, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

Ground Hawg tires???

Does anybody have experience with these on an ifs ford? I'm thinking about putting some 35's on, but the radial is 250 bucks, compared to 150 for a BFG MT. Would it be bad to run a bias instead of radial on the street?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-13-2000, 12:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Ground Hawg tires???

Radials are always going to go down the road better but that alone doesn't mean they are better.
One thing I heard about the gound hawgs was that then tend to loss traction in reverse which is only going to be a problem if you back up alot.If you are into hardcore muddin' you probably wont spend muich time backing up unless you are on the strap, but mild 4 wheeling on trails or other surfaces may cause you to have to back up.Then again traction may not be a problem on those type of surfaces.
What type of wheeling are you planing to do?

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]If it's stuck, force it! If it break's,it needed replacing anyway!!!
One of Murphy's laws.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-13-2000, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

Just running the gumbo mud til i get stuck...then being pulled out...i don't solo mud any more, too time consuming. I'll probably just go with bfg muds since they are so much cheaper. If I still want a 38 though, I might go to a hawg because swampers just melt away on arkansas summer asphalt. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2000, 12:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I run 38's(bias) w/ a 460 in a 1/2 ton in the mucky black Fl. mud. It's true about the hawgs havin' trouble backin out, but those things will kick some serious ass going forward. On the street, well they're loud, but they wear great.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2000, 07:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have the Super Swamper SSR radial 35's with a 4"lift and 3" body, they work great, better than the BFG's weak side wall on the BFG's
and yes the radial works great on the hiway compared to the TSL I had last year. Never tiryed the ground Hawgs here in GA most run the TSL or SSR

post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2000, 05:19 PM

What width are your SSRs, and how do they wear?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode