Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, it's only weeks away and I'll bet the wrenching is becoming fast and furious.....

G

·
You're right about that Crow!!! I just finished reassembling Melissa's front end. Now all we have to do is get the new double cardan cv and put it in and we're done.
ROB

· Registered
1,169 Posts
I'm sitting on a full set of 2"lifted yj springs (That's me not my Zuk) Kits cost a little to much for me to get it done befor Zukie melt

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Crow- hate me for saying it. but all we have to do is change the fluids. Might put a new set of shackles on the rear of it if the maintenance guys at work get them done soon. Other than that... nothing to do but pack up and leave.
I hope that everyone's projects go without major set backs and that you are left with some skin on your knuckles when they are all said and done. See ya in a couple weeks!!!
Love to all Rae

· Registered
2,637 Posts
Got my Baby Rock Lobster to put in, then rebuild a couple of rear D-shafts and I'll be ready to go! Oh, gotta re-jet my carb too.
See ya all there!

G

·
Man I wish that was all I had to do was change some fluids :)
I still need to finish some painting, a front axle shaft, skidplate, and a new polyshield from roadless gear and a few little small things that wont be a big deal.... :)
Just a few things....

· Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rae, I'll never hate you even if all you need is a fluid change.... I might be a tad envious though....

When I returned from last year's Melt, I vowed that I wouldn't repeat my Woods brothers routine with motor and suspension. Even with all that last minute emergency work, I was grateful for just getting there and meeting up with everyone. As soon as I returned and recovered, I set out pretty much non stop wrenching away on projects. Due to events of a personal nature (Rae, you know), I stepped it up into high gear on the projects. I'm happy to report that 95% of the projects have been completed (far greater than I realistically projected). What remains is to elliminate my bumpsteer and an oil change..... It was kind of like Christmas shopping in April....Woooooooo Hoooooooooo!
I'm looking forward to speaking with everyone a bit more than last year..... :>)

· Registered
1,498 Posts
Just when I think MAYBE I have all my towing issues figured out.....now I find out I probably won't have a babysitter.....and you know how that works....If the wife don't go, I don't go either!(not because she won't let me...I can't wheel without my co-pilot!!!)

· Registered
1,285 Posts
i still got a locker to put in....posi rear now WOOHOO!! i got to finish my spoa (got the pads welded up (thanks robzuk!!!)

i should fix my rear quarters but we will see how time holds out...i got some tuning to do to the tow rig...but it runs good..didnt skip a beat in 400 miles this weekend!!

im ready to go!!!

· Registered
1,235 Posts
find a new co-pilot.Do you really want to miss out because of babysitter problems?If we were to run into the same thing,I would still go and she will stay home.Jess knows how important this is to me and would do that to make me happy.Besides there has been a year advance warning of this happening.Hope you still can go.

· Registered
1,498 Posts
Can't find another co-pilot that will dig me out while I sip cold water....The wife already said she would stay at home, and let me go....but it do'nt work like that!!
Still 3 weeks...maybe I can get something together...I told the wife I was going ahead with my preparations just in case.
I guess a year of advance notice isn't good enough for some people!!!

· Registered
3,477 Posts
crow, i know the feeling man. am in worse a boat than you right now. need to redo the rear brakes, complete tune up n timing belt, adjust valves, rebuild front axle and thats not to mention the custom body work i need to do on it before the melt. prolly gonna do the body first as the mechanics are still good, just need freshened up some. oh well, toooo much to get done, no time or $$$$$ to do it.

smitty808, i gots ya a cute lil co-pilot, dont know how old she is, but shes white with brown spots. begal, not basset hound though. if ya might be interested in her let me know. ill prolly try to call ya tamaree.
BiLLy bOb

· Registered
409 Posts
It doesn't look like I'll make it this year.

What needs to be done:
1: 4.16 gears need put in
2: rear brakes are seizing up
3: engine runs like crap
4: steering is all funky

what with trying to finish my house and all, I dont have time to work on my zook at all.

Johnny C

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.