Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1996 Suzuki and am trying to lift it by 6 inches. It came with stock coil springs front and rear. The only website I found that sells suspension upgrades for my model is in Japan and besides the language problem (Google Translate) they only offer a 2" lift and its not exactly cheap!

So now I'm trying a different approach. Since I cannot find an affordable decent kit, I'm going to try coil springs from other vehicles and when I find the right height I'll get the shocks I need and take it one step at a time from there. I know this is not the perfect approach, cannot even plan a budget but I'm in no rush.

Anyone want to comment or maybe give me some advise on how to go about or what parts I might be able to use?

Thanks

· Registered
317 Posts
Which model? if it is the Sport then a few people have fitted the Calmini 3" kit with a few mods.

· Registered
317 Posts
Nice, don't see many of those on the forums. I believe that the Jimny lift springs fit on those. You could measure up your parts and then compare them with the Jimny bits. bigjimny.com is a good site for advise.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice, don't see many of those on the forums. I believe that the Jimny lift springs fit on those. You could measure up your parts and then compare them with the Jimny bits. bigjimny.com is a good site for advise.

Have a nice day!

· Registered
2,323 Posts
6" lift

I built a 96 sport with the help of the Bedford Boys and the Missouri Boys.
We used springs from a Grand Vitara, 4 door, auto, air, ect. The heavier the Vitara the higher your lift. The stock springs gave a 3" in back and a 2" in front. I added 2" spring spacer in front and a 3" spacer in the rear. Add a 1" or 2" body lift and you have the height you want 6" to 7" and it rides like a dream.You will need to strap your rear diff to stop all the droop you will get/depends on the shocks you use. Mine kept popping off the ball until I strapped it
Best Regards,RangerRick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.