Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else thought the zipper window thang is kind of a pain? I mean I love my Wrangler but I can't open the windows half way without them batting me in the face. Sometimes when traveling at 65 MPH with no one in the passenger seat and the window fully open it will flap outside and look really stupid. Does anyone else have these problems? How can I solve them?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been driving a soft top CJ7 for 14 years, hate the windows, hate the zippers, especially when they break. If you are going to
drive a soft top, your only alternative is full hard doors.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think there is a solution for you. I can't remember the manufacturer is, but I've seen upper door halves for Wranglers with sliding
glass windows. I'll look around and see if I can find them for you.

Gary

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can find those sliding windows in most of the 4X4 catalogs. I've seen them in 4-Wheel-Drive-Hardware and, what's that other one, Four-Wheel-Drive-Unilimited I think it is. Look in JP Magazine. They seem pretty cool and cost about a couple hundred bucks I think. I repaced my front floppy windows with more floppy ones and they cost me about $130 I think it was...

'94 YJ, '85 CJ7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe FNG just can't spell, come on jpc give him the benefit of the doubt! /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

·
Official Curmudgeon
5,207 Posts
Watch ebay, that's where I got my set of sliders for half price for new seconds. I don't remember
whether they are Steel Horse or Bestop. One side was missing about half a dozen stitches and the
other side had a small scratch on the inside metal window frame. Not very big problems considering I
only gave $165 for a $329 set of upper doors.

The windows don't open far enough to suit me for summer driving so I still use the original zipper type
then. To avoid the windows flapping outside when fully open, I usually just remove them and put them
in the back. Generally, if it's that warm, the top is off anyway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.