Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yukon on 44\'s !!

I saw a Yukon on 44's the other day. I think it was 98 or 99 and was an IFS. I talked to to guy and he said he has another one on 36's. I'd never seen one like that and was surprised someone could put it that tall and that big of tires under it. Just though I'd tell somebody. Later

"I'm so bad baby I don't care"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Yukon on 44\'s !!

im sure it would look damn sweet.......that is until he hit a speed bump or turned a corner and the entire front suspension ripped out of the truck /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 - 350TBI/700R4/NP241 - 3" lift - 33's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I've seen ones with 38's on the net, but never in person. I've got to agree with Mike, it wouldn't take much to rip the front end apart. IFS just isn't meant to handle anything over 36's in my opinion, hell that is even pushing it. I bet it looked smooth though!

· Registered
6,042 Posts

there's a truck runnin' around here with 38s on 12s and IFS...i think it's a '97 and it looks like mine, except it has the light brown rocker panels. that's beggin' for carnage /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

Shorts <-- It's not what you think /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif ...and don't ask what it is

'94 Chevy K1500, with stuff...needs more stuff

· Registered
7,805 Posts

There is a 95 tahoe that lives on a street I drive down almost everyday that has 40" TSL's on it. It only has a 6" superlift on it. But a, what looks like, 12" body lift. There is enough room for an average sized person to easily crawl between the top of the frame and the bottom of the body. I will snap a pic tomorrow and post it. Oh yeah, the tires are about 1.5" from the fenders in the back. He has lowered his bump stops down to the axle so the rear axle can't move. /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

Jason
Big Willy Style

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Yeah I doubt he takes it off-road, it probaly can't even make it down a dirt road. But man did it look sweet. Later

"I'm so bad baby I don't care"

· Registered
440 Posts

Got a friend that's got a '91 Z71 with 6" procomp and 3" body sitting on 38.5x14.5x15 swamps on 12" rims. He's a street poseur and I can't change him i guess. Breaks front stubs all the time. Stock gears. LOL it's kinda funny. He sure does pick up the chicks with it tho and that's his goal so kudos to him i guess.

LakeTex
Durant, Ok
http://www.capninsano.coloradok5.com
The road goes on forever...and the party never ends!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I've got a '95 K1500 on 38's...Way to much for the IFS!!! Everytime I take it out I brake something. Plus with 4.56 it is a little sluggish. As soon as I can scrape the money together I'm putting it back on 35's where it belongs. That is until it gets a Dana 60 up front of course... Oh no more money.

-Kris '95 K1500

· Registered
6,800 Posts

I was just thinking the other day how few new blazer style (yukon,tahoe) trucks I see on anything bigger than 35's. I've seen up to 38's at Truckworld.com but that's it. I don't think i've EVER seen one with bigger tires than that anywhere. I would like to. By the way, how does that guy break stub axles if he don't offroad his truck?

It's a multi-purpose passenger vehicle and it eats SUVs for breakfast...get it straight!

Muddybronco

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I bet he still has the stock 10-bolt rear axle also!!! If you are just going for looks then maybe it's okay, but I bet he hardly ever drives it and I'm sure the bearings and the steering components wouldn't last too long.......

6.2Blazer

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Local Dealership guy has a blazer/tahoe on 39" Cepek's, It sure looks nice but I've never seen it get dirty :)

97 K1500 Ext. Cab, 255/85 BFG MT's

· Registered
505 Posts

check out www.whiplashperformance.com they have 10 inch lift for IFS trucks. All I ever hear now is more and more bad stuff about my truck, I wish i would have waited to save enough dough to convert to a dana 60 front and rear now instead of upgrading the IFS system, hopefully they will come out with some product that can make my front end stronger, and if there is, let me know about it please

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

sounds like a good nitch market....

Sales Pitch:

" Are you ashaimed of your IFS system? Do you want to run 52" Swampers and actually be able to hit the trail? Is your ego hurt when you see a monster truck? We have your solution! Introducing the Chevy H.D. IFS Sticker System. *Garanteed to keep your front end intact. Easy installation, no tools required! "

NOTICE (extra fine print): The Chevy H.D. IFS Sticker system replaces all Z71 and/or 4x4 stickers, and may cause a performance drop of 10-50HP and 5-35 lbs of torque. Duct tape is NOT a valid subsitute for the H.D. IFS Sticker System.
*Limited 30 minute warranty.

-Ut

· Registered
1,615 Posts

It's time I tell you all a little story! /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

(Your gonna like this one/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif)

A horse and a chicken were playing in a meadow. The horse fell into a mud hole and was sinking. He called to the chick to go and get the farmer to help pull him out to safety. The chicken ran to find the farmer, but the farmer can't be found.
So the chicken drove the farmer's truck with a 12" lift and 44" swampers back to the mud hole and tied some rope around the bumper. He then threw the other end of the rope to the horse and drove forward, saving him from sinking!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

A few days later the chicken and horse were playing the meadow again and this time, the chicken fell into the mud hole. The chicken yelled to the horse to go and get some help from the farmer. The horse said, "I think I can stand over the hole!" So the horse stretched over the width of the mud hole and said, "Grab my "thingy"/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif and pull yourself up." The chicken did and pulled himself to Safety!!!(yea)/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

The moral of the story:

If you're hung like a horse, you don't need a Truck with 12" lift and 44" tires to pick up chicks.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.