Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somebody has put 42 shock on their Toyota Truck over on the Toyota SUV's and Trucks BBS. The truck is really on e-bay but there is a picture of it on the other BBS.

Lee R. Byrd

· Registered
5,526 Posts
That thing looks too silly with all those chrome shocks to take seriously at all... /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

Tim
"The_Sandman_454"

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 6" lift, 35x12.5s & '85 GMC S15 4x4

· Official Historian
8,275 Posts
man, and i thought my jeep with cheap, stiff shocks rode rough. i wouldn't trade my 9000's even for single 5000's, much less more than one per corner.

79/CJ-7/AMC360/TH400/Q-TRAC/d30/d44/33's/RS9000s/Herculiner

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's weird. Does having all that give a smoother ride? or is there any benifit? My first thought is it looks like it has braces. Most people like to draw the eye away from the problem areas, but okay...

'83 CJ7 258 i6 31x10.5 3in. lift? /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Uh.................why????
Does he plan on skydiving in this aboration?
I don't get it. When will you post the punchline?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOW those Toyota's must ride really rough!

Just kiddin', there seems to be alot more "jeep" jokes over there than there are toy
jabs here, so I thot I'd throw one out there......

Lee

/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you really think those shocks have ever been dusty let alone dirty or "shudder" muddy!

More power is never enough

· Registered
4,675 Posts
the really sad part is, somebody will bid onthe stupid thing on EBAY and try to buy it!!!

I guess some folks think our trucks are stupid, at least the form of the truck follows the function its intended for, I just dont understand "show trucks" get a sports car if you want pretty and fast...
but a TOYOTA?

let me guess, KnN airfilter and Chip upgrade ( if lucky) stock trannt/tcase/ open diffs/stock brakes and steering

but it has a kickass stereo...

OzarkJeep
NW Arkansas, need a CJ rear seat

· Registered
4,060 Posts
I can understand DUAL shocks if they are valved correctly for the job, but 42 shocks! He doesn't even need the leaf srings to hold it up! Leave it to a Toyota person to do something like that...glad nobody has debased a JEEP like that!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.