1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, there's a tank (2.5 gallon.) I'll post a pic tom. of the tank.

Brian

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
2.5 gal doesnt seem very big... about how big is it? i dont really need onboard air but it'd be nice to have some air tools and it's way cheaper than the normal compressor setup, so i'm considering doing this as well. i thought there might be room for a 10 gal tank above the rear d-shaft but i havent measured yet. i was eyeing the smog pump today and that is where i really want to put my compressor... and i know there's a way to do it there, i just need to do more brainstorming. i could use the serpentine clutch from onboardair.com but that's $110 and i was hoping to keep the whole project under that price
any ideas?

G

·
Muddy... Same here.

Don't have lockers, but it would be nice to air-up rapidly after coming outta' the sand pits. AND....the air tools!!

I was thinking about jamming an 11 gallon up there as well.
A primo spot.

10 / 1l gallons will definately help out with the volume needed for the tools......

Low-budget? I hear that! I was hoping to find some specs / dimensions for a bracket similar to that of OBA so as not to have to drop over 2 beans on that sucka'.

Let's come up with something! ;o)

Brian-- Nice install man!! looks great! Hopefully it will function just as well for a long time....

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
yeah i know...i can probably come up with some kinda rigged setup for the bracket, but it's the pulley that i'm not sure about. i'm about to jerk all that thermactor crap outta there anyway, so i'll get a better look at that area when i'm done with that project.

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
cool! definitely lemme know what you find out

and what was this story about the problem you had with the lockouts?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
The box came with one loose spring and one of the gears out of the lockout. I took it down to the local 4X4 store to ask them about it and came home with a brand new set of lockouts! They told me to let everyone know about them and how good they were to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts