Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
I just finished my York set up. What I ended up doing was finding a V-belt idler pully and welding it to my stock CJ serpentine idler pully. Works great and doesnt vibrate. If you realy are set on useing a serpetine belt you can call a semitruck parts store. I think the parts guy said Peterbuilt trucks have Yorks with serpentines. The price was $150 just for the cluth.

Rob
83 CJ5 4.2, 176, 300, 4.56, 3.5" lift, 33's

83 CJ5

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I was asking is how do you switch from Serpentine to V-groove. I don't have a serpentine drive but I do have a serpentine York. What kind of brackets did you use? How did you route your belts?

Thanks

1985 CJ7 4.2L, T-176, Dana 300, 2.73 gears(too high), 2.5" lift, 31" tires, Durabak

·
Registered
742 Posts
You should have asked a week ago; I just gave one away! Where did you get a York with a serp belt. That would have made my swap sooo much easier. For the mount I used a plate with slots under the idler mount on the passenger side. I then welded a vertical plate to that for the compressor and added two gussets.

I noticed everyone uses the hoses that come with the pump but I found an adapter at the harware store that can be used on the output side. In the plumbing section you can get a 1/2 inch comperession to 1/4 inch pipe. The intake is half inch pipe to start so that one is easy.

83 CJ5

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.