Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I visit the junkyard what make of vehicle is most likely to have a York compressor?

80 CJ5, 52M38

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Try early 70's Ford trucks. A friend of mine has a '73 F-100 with a 360 and his AC compressor is always in the way and the AC doesn't work due to lack of freon and he's trading the truck in anyways for a 4x4. I took a look under the hood and saw he had a york with the short fittings on top. I'm going to buy it off him for around $25. Hopefully it is the large shaft model!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wagoneers are a good resource for yorks.
Just about everyone I see has AC and they have the horizontally mounted yorks with double pulleys.

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
1980 Ford Fairmont w/6 cylinder
1978-80 Ford F250

If you are mounting it on a 258 look for brackets on an AMC Concord or others around 1980. I got brackets and idler pulley from a Concord and a Spirit Wagon. My York is for a '78 F250.

Good Luck,

By the way the AMC's will have the York also.

1985 CJ7 4.2L, T-176, Dana 300, 2.5" lift, 32"BFG MT, Durabak On-Board Air

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would say look at Wagoneers but watch out for those Sandon compressors. Make sure the fittings line up or be prepared to buy new fittings.

·
Registered
418 Posts
What have you guys been paying for them? The only yard around here that has any Yorks wants $100, seems too much.

-Dana

Baby oil is NOT made by squeezing dead babies!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Dana you are from Ct. too, go to smith jeep in Franklin, i got my whole set up , compressor, pullys, brackets and even a grounding cable for $35. It came out of a wagoneer, when i inquired on what it came out of he proceeded to give me the belt arraingment , size and all the goodies. Good people over there!!
Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dana,
If you want to make a trip to western MA there's a AMC yard that has several 78-81 AMC cars with 258's (assuming that's what you have).

The yard is in Northfield, on Homer Road, Right off of route 63. The guys name is Homer Browning and his number is (413) 498-2073.

Like Mike said you should get everything for about $40.

Lee

[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I paid $50CDN for my york. I guess that works out to aprox. $35US. We have cheap XJ D44's too, $300-400 CDN.

YJGUY.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.