Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my mounting bracket in the mail from a wrecking yard in Sac. and it turns out it mounts the YORK on
it side and not up and down. Can someone tell me if I'am going to have any lubeing problems. I can put an inline
oiler but most of what I have read they talk about an oil reserve in the bottom of the YORK. The compressor
is going on a 1979 CJ-7 with 304 motor. The bracket was only $35 , and the after market place sells the mounting
brackets for the YORK for about $200. I called the wrecker and he told me that thats the way they mount the
Yorks and stock Jeeps. So will the compressorl keep the oil in and lube its self?
Thanks

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif You're OK, Bill....not to worry. Yes...Yorks in the V8 Jeeps ran on their side. HOWEVER the same bracket will accomodate the York in the upright position if you choose to set it that way.....the bolt pattern is the same. The single-piece triangular bracket that attaches to the intake will have to be changed slightly, but no big deal. NOW...if you want to run the York on it's side, you need to have the intake port on top as you peer over the RH front fender at the cylinder head of the York. If you don't have top-intake, the pump will leak oil into the intake filter and will suck up a snootful of oil as it runs. If you DO have the pump with the low intake, you are STILL not screwed because you can remove the pan and plug the little hole that you can see from the crankcase to the suction cavity. Plug it with anything....metal screw, nail, etc. then put the pan back on. Then make a crankcase vent in one of the side plugs. Run 10W oil...just below half full...no more. See, Bill....it takes A LOT to get in a real jam if you have access to this BBS/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gifHOWEVER....my moonguys/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif are pissed because your profile isn't filled out and they're saying that you could be a spy/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif transfer case team.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts