Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the junk yard place dropped my tub off on my driveway today. I looked at it yesterday and took care of the bill. They took off a 100 since when the wrangler was in a wreck the hood bent back so far that the cowl hinges pulled in the cowl slightly. It also put a crease at the front of the rocker on both sides where it turns up to the dash. I put my doors on and the drivers door fits well and the passengers has a slight rub. I'm going to go ahead and get the tub on the frame before I get this fixed. Everything else looks great. The black paint is good and it came with all the YJ rear flares and the side flare/molding that runs along the bottom of the rocker. I don't know if I will keep the YJ stuff...kinda want to stick with the CJ flare. Anyone know what that stuff would be worth. AllI have left is the heater box (half way out then got interrupted by the wife...gotta do those family duties ya know), and the roll bar. Then it's time to cut through the mounts and pull off the old tub. Hopefully by Sunday I will have the new tub at least sitting on the frame. My only fear was that it was going to be twisted and the fenders and doors wouldnt not line up. I did some measuring tonight though and it looks straight for the most part. Must have been one hell of an accident. Well...wish me luck!!! So far so good...

David
Missouri

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They originally quoted me $1000 for the tub. I ended up getting it for 900. They said if I got it on and it was not straight to where nothing would bolt up correctly they would work somemore with me to get it fixed. I went through a local junkyard. They didn't have one so they found me one through their network. It came out of Arkansas and was a 91 tub.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.